What are you trading your Civic in for when you're ready?

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
Nice car.

The MultiMatic DSSV's are fine on smooth roads but will beat you up on bumpy city streets with the stock wheels and tires.

I have a wheel/tire combo for the street (higher sidewalls and not as wide wheels) that dampen the bumps to a tolerable level at the expense of grip.

It feels similar to the CTR set to Track mode.
Sponsored

Last edited:

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Plan on keeping my si for a LONG timeā€¦. Iā€™ve gone back and forth talking with the wife to trade my hatchback in for a small suv, like a crv or rav4 or somethingā€¦. Probably wonā€™t happen, but you never know.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually did trade my beloved '17 SI in (sorry)... for an '18 CTR(not sorry).
The CTR will probably be traded in...never.

I did consider other options, but none were as compelling. Not the Veloster N. Not the STI. Not the Golf R. Not even an old EVO. They all fell down in one or more areas, or just didn't feel right.

Most of us do not have the room in our garage or budget for a zillion cars. Or cars that cost a zillion. We need one car that does it all. Found two of them. Thank you Honda.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Veloster N, just waiting for it to come in.
After a cancellation, 3 dealer calls and two 2 and a half hour drives. I have a car again.
Honda Civic 10th gen What are you trading your Civic in for when you're ready? IMG_20220113_151534

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I really want to go test drive one for fun.
You should definitely give one a drive. Even just to know whether it's something you'd like or not.

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
They are fun cars. The last one I drove a few years ago was great except the manual transmission was not in the same league as Honda. It's definitely worth a drive.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i changed my 2018 sport hatch for this insanity 1 year ago. Sadly i forgot honda in 2 days thi is so much more raw and fun. It is Yaris GRMN, dear lord what a little monster this is. It has engine from Lotus elise, 1.8l supercharged 212horses, it weights 1130kg... 6.3sec 0-100km/h, this thing is made for corners, love it. It is highly modified yaris from Gazoo racing. 400 made for europe and 200 for japan... major changes:
body stiffening rods, forged BBS alloys, unique exhaust 3", steering wheel and mechanism from GT86, unique seats, lotus elise engine, unique front rear bumpers, Sachs performance springs and dampers, sway bars... and so on and so on :)

Honda Civic 10th gen What are you trading your Civic in for when you're ready? -PG_l8&tn=gUmvynAGfvxPiBSY&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen What are you trading your Civic in for when you're ready? nc_ohc=ajpq5kGfOz4AX_gR1GB&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen What are you trading your Civic in for when you're ready? nc_ohc=w8N01XFpPL8AX-LuDow&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen What are you trading your Civic in for when you're ready? nc_ohc=3M91v4agaqsAX8LYrBq&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan on trading my '18 CTR for...wait, I will not be trading my FK8. Ever.

If I come into serious money and have more than a two car garage, I will just add, not trade.

By add, I mean like a 718 GTS, Lotus Emira, etc.

But the Honda stays regardless. Never thought I would say that after dozens of cars owned and hundreds more driven, but this is a...keeper. Eventually might throw an exhaust on it, or a heavier shift knob. Or not. It's amazing as is. I don't need more car. I need more skill and track time. Trading won't solve that.
Sponsored