What are you doing with stock exhaust?

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
For those of you that are replacing your stock exhaust, what are you doing with the stock exhaust? Leaving in one piece? cutting it down for storage? other?

Just trying to figure out how I'm going to get this thing home once I remove it.
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
For those of you that are replacing your stock exhaust, what are you doing with the stock exhaust? Leaving in one piece? cutting it down for storage? other?

Just trying to figure out how I'm going to get this thing home once I remove it.
In for updates since was wondering the same thing. Also let me know which shop you take it to and how the experience was.

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
Honestly, I'd keep it and all in one piece. Yeah, it'll be a pain. But IF you ever decided to trade it in, you will get a better trade in if you have all the OEM parts too.

OP
OP

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
In for updates since was wondering the same thing. Also let me know which shop you take it to and how the experience was.
A friend of mine is helping me. I'm going to get the new exhaust put on tonight

OP
OP

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Honestly, I'd keep it and all in one piece. Yeah, it'll be a pain. But IF you ever decided to trade it in, you will get a better trade in if you have all the OEM parts too.
I was thinking the same.. However, I dont think its gonna fit in the Car to take it back home... lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'll be waiting for the stock exhaust to be cheap so I don't have to hack up my original to do the two outer muffler deletes lol.

I was thinking the same.. However, I dont think its gonna fit in the Car to take it back home... lol
yeah it MIGHT but I don't think it will considering where the exhaust starts/ends lol.

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Does anyone know the stock diameter of the exhaust?

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Personally, I'm keeping everything I take off the car. It will come in handy, I guarantee it. I do understand it'll take up space or it's not convenient to keep. If you get rid of it, just be prepared you'll most likely buy again down the road. Might be cheap or expensive. From experience messing w/ cars for years, all the things i tossed, I always end up needing down the road. I always had to buy it again.

OP
OP

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Personally, I'm keeping everything I take off the car. It will come in handy, I guarantee it. I do understand it'll take up space or it's not convenient to keep. If you get rid of it, just be prepared you'll most likely buy again down the road. Might be cheap or expensive. From experience messing w/ cars for years, all the things i tossed, I always end up needing down the road. I always had to buy it again.
I ended up keeping mine. I got a friend with a truck to drive it home. I made some hangers to mount on the garage wall and hung it up.