First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What are these? ima
I don't know if anyone has posted about these but they have been sitting in my glovebox since I got my car and I have no idea what they are for.
Sponsored

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those should have been installed at the dealer.... They are plugs that go into holes in the underbody.

OP
OP
Angela1256

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
O_O

Well I guess I'll bring it up when I take it in for the recall. Thanks!

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
Where in the car did you find those ? I'm kinda wondering if they missed installing them in my car. - never mind... i re-read your post.:doh:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I don't know if anyone has posted about these but they have been sitting in my glovebox since I got my car and I have no idea what they are for.
Wow. Kinda makes you wonder what else that is in the PDI they skipped. (The procedure has been posted here. This is a specific step in it.)

I also wonder why they ship the car with these removed, for installation by the dealer. Anybody have any guesses?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Wow. Kinda makes you wonder what else that is in the PDI they skipped. (The procedure has been posted here. This is a specific step in it.)

I also wonder why they ship the car with these removed, for installation by the dealer. Anybody have any guesses?
I believe they use those locations to secure the car during shipping/transit.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
The other explanation I found, on the 9th gen Civic forum:
lets body seam sealers cure and primer gas out, etc. when the dealers get the cars, when they do the pdi they are supposed to plug certain holes with the body plugs to keep dirt and moisture out so rust/corrosion doesnt form.
I'm not sure which one to go with. These don't seem like great places for tie-downs that are standard, simple, and don't have potential to do damage. Either way, it seems like depending on the dealers to put these in puts more faith in the dealers than maybe is warranted. As the OP found out. I'll have to remember to check for them when ours gets here.
Sponsored