What are these missing buttons?

qt_pSidon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
You can have those features and still have a great driving experience. It is not about being lazy behind the wheel, it is more about extra safety features that can be used when daily driving. Cross traffic sensor is nice to have when you can't see cars driving by when you are backing out of a spot or trying to leave a parking structure (front sensor). You can be an amazing driver but we all make mistakes, sometimes we look over our shoulders and not see a vehicle in our blind spot. There is nothing wrong with having safety features on the car that can be turned off at the race tracks.

ACC is amazing when you do long road trips where it is a straight 2 or 4 lane road. Setting your speed to 70-75 mph and just having the car follow the car in front at a safe distance set without having to constantly brake and speed up is nice to have. Don't care what car you have but driving 7-8 hours on a flat straight road is boring and ACC helps especially when there is a bit of traffic. This car is not meant to be driven 100% at the track, it is a "race car" built for the road.
Sponsored

ShaneP865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What are these missing buttons? {filename}

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
I understand the whole "being a Type R" reason for it to have less options. I agree. Usually I'd be all about not having so much tech in my cars. One reason being that it can save a little weight. The other reason being, is because I see more possible electronic failures...and because I'm just used to older, more simpler cars. Hell, my k20 swapped car has a stereo and all, but I don't use it. The face plate is always off. Lol. The engine is music to my ears. Not having power steering and feeling the road more because of it is something I'm used to. Hell, even no A/C. But when it comes to having a brand new car, I just expected a few more options other countires get.

alphatrion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R 05 S2000
I bought a Glof R this year as well as the CTR I'm picking up this weekend. My Golf has all of those safety features included. Lane assist is horrible and I keep it turned off. But the emergency braking is a really good feature. It also has front and back obstacle detection missing from the CTR. Both cars cost the same as I added tech pack, wheels and colour upgrade (every option) but also got $2k off msrp on the Golf.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The original CTR didn't even have a stereo.
And? Model T didn't have one either... what's your point? I can still have a good driving experience with a few more accessories added to the CTR. It's 2017 and not having something as simple as HomeLink and an auto dimming rearview is disappointing.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
And? Model T didn't have one either... what's your point? I can still have a good driving experience with a few more accessories added to the CTR. It's 2017 and not having something as simple as HomeLink and an auto dimming rearview is disappointing.
shit i didnt know about no home link ... funny somepeople act like they are F1 drivers and will be in track 24/7 .
I will DD my car and sure want nice autosystem .. sucks no dimming rearview ... I know am not Andretti if i was i would have bought real F1 car that has no radio nothing in it.. 99% here work 8-5 have families and careers not all of us are the next Schumacher or Senna

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
... funny somepeople act like they are F1 drivers and will be in track 24/7 .
I will DD my car and sure want nice autosystem .. sucks no dimming rearview ... I know am not Andretti if i was i would have bought real F1 car that has no radio nothing in it.. 99% here work 8-5 have families and careers not all of us are the next Schumacher or Senna
And some of us, like me, want to drive and think daily driving can be seat time. I'm glad the nanny systems aren't on the car because I don't want to race a Pig. I could care less about any of the "oh my God its like a floating couch with a remote and I'm at home in the car" features. I'm Still the Driver!

I'm responsible for a 3,000 lb vehicle going down the side street or highway. I'm responsible to ensure that I don't run into someone because my attention while behind the wheel of a vehicle that can kill someone should only be on the road. Long or short trip, no one is responsible no matter how the drive ends but me, The Driver.

Younger people don't even want to drive. These systems are there to help them not drive and protect the rest of us from that. I instruct at the Tire Rack Street Survival Schools and see and hear this first hand.

I was at the Rolex this year with my boyfriend who works for HPD. He introduced me around. One of the big HPD bosses, Art, was there and he asked me what I thought of the Civic Type R coming over. I was being professional but honestly expressed my passionate opinion that if the CTR was going to be modded for the American driver with soft suspension and loads of nanny features because OMG we don't actually want to "drive" the car then I wasn't interested in buying it and would be severely disappointed. That is all I hear about from my friend Randy who reviews cars for Motor Trend and tests them on the track. "Angela people don't want sports cars anymore unless they offer the every day luxury like heated and cooled seats and CVT or automatic transmissions. This is why they have to up the horsepower to give it enough umph to get over the weight." You know those SUVs with amazing horsepower their building, those are to impress the old guys young wife cuz he can't get in/out of a sports car anymore.

Like I told Art, HPD, if people want the comfort features then let them buy them and add them on. But I hope Honda will realize that the rest of us want the car that went and set the FWD fastest time at the Ring and if not, sell it as a dealer installed package. He smiled and told me, "You'll be fine." Afterwards my boyfriend told me that he was part of the team bringing the CTR to the US. I was like, Oh, so happy that I was passionate and professional with him.

While I'm not famous driver I do race two weekends a month or sometimes more. It's a passion. It's a love. It does not matter if it is grassroots or professional. It's what gives me joy. It has to be to drive my CR-X over four hours to a race, change the tires, race, change the tires and then drive home. No trailer. Drive. No AC either. Hell I drove my 91 Hatch from FL to NE for the Solo Nationals by myself one year. It was a great road trip. No AC. Stuck in Atlanta traffic for over 2 hours. Sweated it out. Was dying at the time but its a great story that I get to tell.

I hope you guys can add the features that you feel are missing. If Honda has done what they have done in the past as well as other manufacturers all the wiring should be there it is just a matter of acquiring and installing the parts.

alphatrion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R 05 S2000
It doesn't have auto parking brake which is annoying, does it have rain sensing wipers?

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
And some of us, like me, want to drive and think daily driving can be seat time. I'm glad the nanny systems aren't on the car because I don't want to race a Pig. I could care less about any of the "oh my God its like a floating couch with a remote and I'm at home in the car" features. I'm Still the Driver!

I'm responsible for a 3,000 lb vehicle going down the side street or highway. I'm responsible to ensure that I don't run into someone because my attention while behind the wheel of a vehicle that can kill someone should only be on the road. Long or short trip, no one is responsible no matter how the drive ends but me, The Driver.

Younger people don't even want to drive. These systems are there to help them not drive and protect the rest of us from that. I instruct at the Tire Rack Street Survival Schools and see and hear this first hand.

I was at the Rolex this year with my boyfriend who works for HPD. He introduced me around. One of the big HPD bosses, Art, was there and he asked me what I thought of the Civic Type R coming over. I was being professional but honestly expressed my passionate opinion that if the CTR was going to be modded for the American driver with soft suspension and loads of nanny features because OMG we don't actually want to "drive" the car then I wasn't interested in buying it and would be severely disappointed. That is all I hear about from my friend Randy who reviews cars for Motor Trend and tests them on the track. "Angela people don't want sports cars anymore unless they offer the every day luxury like heated and cooled seats and CVT or automatic transmissions. This is why they have to up the horsepower to give it enough umph to get over the weight." You know those SUVs with amazing horsepower their building, those are to impress the old guys young wife cuz he can't get in/out of a sports car anymore.

Like I told Art, HPD, if people want the comfort features then let them buy them and add them on. But I hope Honda will realize that the rest of us want the car that went and set the FWD fastest time at the Ring and if not, sell it as a dealer installed package. He smiled and told me, "You'll be fine." Afterwards my boyfriend told me that he was part of the team bringing the CTR to the US. I was like, Oh, so happy that I was passionate and professional with him.

While I'm not famous driver I do race two weekends a month or sometimes more. It's a passion. It's a love. It does not matter if it is grassroots or professional. It's what gives me joy. It has to be to drive my CR-X over four hours to a race, change the tires, race, change the tires and then drive home. No trailer. Drive. No AC either. Hell I drove my 91 Hatch from FL to NE for the Solo Nationals by myself one year. It was a great road trip. No AC. Stuck in Atlanta traffic for over 2 hours. Sweated it out. Was dying at the time but its a great story that I get to tell.

I hope you guys can add the features that you feel are missing. If Honda has done what they have done in the past as well as other manufacturers all the wiring should be there it is just a matter of acquiring and installing the parts.
I agree with you these options should be like buyer option add remove but none can complain about ahh old no radio i want radio doesnot make me lame driver hell i might want do track with Iron maiden blasting .. i am happy no lane watch etc but i want act cool as heck like am the new race guy and want strip car .. again I do not understand Honda logic with features you make them optional or add them all not half ass them then canada and europe has things we do not have and we stuck with things we might not need .. that's my opinion again i can be wrong just i believe for price is great car and yes piss me off honda give us less it is more the concept than what they add to it.

i might track car 3 -4 times a year specially it is snowing 3/4th of the year here

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Calm down Tolkien... We get it, you want a race car, but including little "luxuries" that have been around for 15+ years, that do not negatively impact performance will not kill your driving experience. We DID get the car that beat the Ring times minus a floating roll cage and some different tires... what's the issue? Of course we can add these features ourselves, but that's not the problem. The problem is that these options aren't offered upfront either in a technology package or something we can just ask for from Honda. To add HomeLink to this car as Honda would I have to buy a different model's HomeLink system and then cannibalize the unit to install just the section with the buttons into the CTR. People weren't expecting Lexus tier luxury in a Civic, but taking away certain functions that are available outside the US is a bit of a slap to the face of the American CTR fans, especially when it's the first time getting one.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Calm down Tolkien... We get it, you want a race car, but including little "luxuries" that have been around for 15+ years, that do not negatively impact performance will not kill your driving experience. We DID get the car that beat the Ring times minus a floating roll cage and some different tires... what's the issue? Of course we can add these features ourselves, but that's not the problem. The problem is that these options aren't offered upfront either in a technology package or something we can just ask for from Honda. To add HomeLink to this car as Honda would I have to buy a different model's HomeLink system and then cannibalize the unit to install just the section with the buttons into the CTR. People weren't expecting Lexus tier luxury in a Civic, but taking away certain functions that are available outside the US is a bit of a slap to the face of the American CTR fans, especially when it's the first time getting one.
Ditto it is a Civic not R8 NSX or 911 there are real die hard race cars for the right price it is 34k car and honestly great price for what offers. There are many cars to get for pure racing tracking and many companies offer full configuration . sadly honda half assed the type R like always we get less for no reason and it is piss me off the car is universal platform so no excuse not add them

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Hopefully we can get the wiring info.

I'd love to add these to my car.
I have a feeling wiring them in the CTR will be a nightmare . i have no intention ripping whole dash .. remember pain with my 2001 prelude do not miss that

alphatrion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R 05 S2000
These options were left out by design. They know die hard fans like us are going to buy the car immediately so they are able to save some money. Then a year or two down the road they will add in some of those options. I bought a 2005 s2000 and it had a ton of stuff over the Ap1. But even the following year they added traction control and passenger airbag turn off. Maybe more, don't recall.
Sponsored