Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
Just wondering if this is something they offer in other countries or something. Or something they scrapped for final product. I was just going through some pictures in my phone I had for a few months and noticed there's more than just the VSA that I have.

Honda Civic 10th gen What are these missing buttons? photo-voiture

Honda Civic 10th gen What are these missing buttons? 20170717_114359

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well that sucks. I knew there were things taken out that other countries may have, but not that much. Lol. I kept feeling like something was missing in mine after I looked at the pics in my phone

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
We need someone in the UK to hook us up with EU parts/wiring diagrams so we can figure out how to splice their gear in!

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's the point of even taking it out? Calling this car the Touring model is laughable. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but removing these features is sad.

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the point of even taking it out? Calling this car the Touring model is laughable. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but removing these features is sad.
I feel the same way

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Auto brake , blind spot monitor, lane departure warning, remote start. We get none of these.
I'm all for these not being in the car to be honest, less stuff to break in the long term. Doesn't really fit the ethos of the car...

That said, if other markets got it its a little annoying to feel short changed. I say that none of this should have been on any of the Type Rs worldwide and instead they should have given the buyers more wheel and tire options (a spare would have been nice...) For such an 'exclusive' Honda model the purchase/delivery has a complete cluster. No options, no personalizing...

Also, I can definitely see why its aggravating to see all those empty buttons for what is meant to be 'top trim' unit like the Touring.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm all for these not being in the car to be honest, less stuff to break in the long term. Doesn't really fit the ethos of the car...

That said, if other markets got it its a little annoying to feel short changed. I say that none of this should have been on any of the Type Rs worldwide and instead they should have given the buyers more wheel and tire options (a spare would have been nice...) For such an 'exclusive' Honda model the purchase/delivery has a complete cluster. No options, no personalizing...

Also, I can definitely see why its aggravating to see all those empty buttons for what is meant to be 'top trim' unit like the Touring.
Definitely agree with the spare tire statement.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag

I agree. I could care less if it has all of these autopilot features. I'm buying the car to drive it, not so that I can doze off as I'm cruising along. Why not make it an automatic while you're at it? These features might be nice on an Accord or even a Civic EX Touring, but what do they have to do with the Type-R brand?

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree. I could care less if it has all of these autopilot features. I'm buying the car to drive it, not so that I can doze off as I'm cruising along. Why not make it an automatic while you're at it? These features might be nice on an Accord or even a Civic EX Touring, but what do they have to do with the Type-R brand?
Where's the blind spot cam? The HomeLink garage door buttons? Spare tire? Remote start? Auto-dimming rearview? Heated mirrors? Those are all options that take nothing away from the Type R, yet they don't even offer them as add-ons. It's not like it even adds significant weight for those concerned with that, except the spare. Just remove it for the track.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Auto brake , blind spot monitor, lane departure warning, remote start. We get none of these.
With the exception of the remote start which really is only a feature I could understand when I was home in Chicago THANK YOU HONDA for letting me be responsible behind the wheel!

When did it become okay for people to believe it is not their responsibility for how they drive? Because you know that notice that pops up every time you turn on your CTR letting you know you are responsible means nothing for the masses of drivers out there. Living in Florida proves it daily. Thank goodness I autocross because daily I autorcross these idiots who care could anything less about the road and more about their fishing pole and beer.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
It's LX with ext nav and touring headlights and speakers.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
With the exception of the remote start which really is only a feature I could understand when I was home in Chicago THANK YOU HONDA for letting me be responsible behind the wheel!

When did it become okay for people to believe it is not their responsibility for how they drive? Because you know that notice that pops up every time you turn on your CTR letting you know you are responsible means nothing for the masses of drivers out there. Living in Florida proves it daily. Thank goodness I autocross because daily I autorcross these idiots who care could anything less about the road and more about their fishing pole and beer.
This. I'm buying the car for the driving experience, not so I can be lazy behind the wheel. People are getting soft these days. The original CTR didn't even have a stereo.
Sponsored