What are the items that need to be lubricated?

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I keep hearing that the dealer does things behind the standard oil changes, like lubricate chassis components, etc.

Where are these components that need to be lubricated and what kind of grease do I use?
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
There are none on this car besides the brake slider pins and the side of the brake pads. All the joints are grease-free. You may want to check all your bushings to make sure they're not cracking and are still in good shape as well as the CV joint boots for tears and your engine and trans for leaky seals but that's about it.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
DISCLAIMER: These are not located in the engine bay, but could/should be lubed anyways
There are a few points outside the engine bay that you may want to lube.
1) Sunroof (if you have one) The rubber seals should be conditioned especially if you don't use the sunroof much.
2) Door Hinges - Trying to think of the spots, it's best described as, "Little black bar which goes into your door from the frame", not the actual places where the door is welded and hinges to the body
3) Not an expert but other hinged areas probably not included with dealership maintenance: Windshield wipers, folding mirrors, gas refueling panel, hood hinges, hood prop, trunk hinges.
Again, none of these are really pointed out by Honda, just something to keep in the back of your mind....

Now that I read my post, I think you were most concerned about mechanical areas.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I've had a car brought to the dealership and they charged for "chassis" lubrication and even charged for the part # of the grease used. I am about 2000% sure they didn't do squat.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
1611286525860.png

I wouldn't really go so far as to call it chassis greasing, but this is the service manual list of general lubrication points
Sweeeeet! Thank u! My baby's gonna get so much lube...