Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord SE 2010 Honda CRV
Will it be strictly manual or is there a chance of a DCT from ILX
Please no CVT.
Sponsored

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
For all the talk and worry about a CVT, you know if it gets put in the next Si they will make sure it performs better than the current Si and we'll all get used to it and forget this was ever an issue. Or we'll get recalls and the pitchforks will come out on the forums. One of those :)

FWIW I agree an auto transmission should really be offered. With the Si being a hipo model it is still mainstream enough that it will open it up to a lot more buyers this way. With manual transmissions being phased out everywhere and CVT/DCT taking over, now would be the time to offer an alternative to manuals as a sign of what is to come.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It won't. Si and CTR are marketed as performance vehicles that are manual only.

If you're like me and wanted an AT because daily commute sucks with an MT, you can get a Sport or Sport Touring. I, however, went with the EX. Had all the features I wanted and didn't have leather that I hate.

You can always throw some mods and a flash at the AT and still have fun.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hopefully there is a 0% chance of that happening. If it came in automatic(I'm including dual clutch transmissions in that category) I would not buy one. If they started selling both I would be upset too because it would likely lead to them eventually phasing out the manual.
I live in the congested NY, NJ, Connecticut area and I still prefer manual. In my view, only a manual transmission can provide the kind of driving experience that makes you feel at one with the car, everything else is a bore.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Reportedly, they were very, very close to releasing the current Si as an automatic until Japan stepped in and overrode that decision. The Americans seem to want it. But I suspect they'll offer it first through the next Gen ILX and evaluate the take rate.

I could see the next Gen Si offered with both an auto and 6MT option. And I suspect both would sell fine.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In a perfect world, hopefully 0%.

The minute Honda opens the door to A/T Si's it would spell certain doom for the trim. They would eventually axe the MT option due to "lack of sales" or "poor take-rate" compared to the AT counterpart... They wouldn't be able to justify an AT Sport and an AT Si and would probably consolidate into 1 trim.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
All 10th Gen powertrain/transmission decisions roll up to HOJ (under Hideki Matsumoto). Chassis and interior were indeed developed by AHM.

The rumor is that the Si was to come with less power, but received strong feedback from AHM that it wouldn't sell stateside. Reportedly, 205 is the max output that HOJ could produce from the 1.5T at that time, while still meeting economy/durability targets.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is it with you guys bringing up old topics lol...

AT Si will never happen. As mentioned, it’s the performance version of the Civic as is the Type R, so to put an Automatic in these cars will probably end up in the demise of these great performance cars. That would be a sad day.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
I would consider it with a DCT. It most likely would be a little quicker to 60 with the DCT. I think the demand would still be high for the manual.
Sponsored