MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Welp, went to go look at the Boost blue in person and wasn't a fan of it. Too bright for me in my opinion and was different than the pictures I'd seen online. Champ White was there and this was my tied for 2nd choice, so decided to shoot some numbers. Best I got was $5k over no matter what I tried, so here it is.

20210911_224023.jpg
Different opinions on colors, I guess.
I had the same choice, BBP or CWP.
I went to the dealer expecting to prefer the CWP, but seeing them side-by-side I liked the BBP better.
On price, I paid a little over MSRP. It's hard to say exactly because I traded my WRX for the CTR. When I went to the dealer I had in mind a number that I would be happy with for the difference. They came within about $400 of my acceptable number, so I took it. Guessing, I'd say it was $2-3K over MSRP.
I live in a no-sales-tax state, so I paid less than people who paid sales tax.

Last edited:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Welp, went to go look at the Boost blue in person and wasn't a fan of it. Too bright for me in my opinion and was different than the pictures I'd seen online. Champ White was there and this was my tied for 2nd choice, so decided to shoot some numbers. Best I got was $5k over no matter what I tried, so here it is.
Congratulations. The CTR looks great in CW.

Have fun!

OP
OP
saijintrunks

saijintrunks

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
Country flag
Yeah, White is easier to keep clean and harder to see imperfections. Also keep it OG with the Champ White the Type R is known for. This thing drives really wheel for being on 20s and handles pretty dang good for stock. Does lack some low end but is fun mid range and up.

First Name
anroop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r limited edition
Country flag
Try the midwest, I had multiple alerts set up on multiple platforms but I ended up paying msrp for my 21 boost blue 5 months ago, I then traded it in on a limited edition three months ago , they gave me 3k over msrp for the boost blue and the limited edition for msrp. The 21 LE ended up costing me 45k out the door.

The boost blue I bought from Cleveland the LE from Chicago.

You have to look everyday for a while, it took me 2 months to find the boost blue and 4 months to find the Limited Edition. I absolutely refused to pay over MSRP , it's a good car, but not THAT special. Plus I beat on my cars so they arent collector items anyway.

ThunderAGL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 E450, 09 E350, 07 Pacifica, 21 CTR (Saturday)
Country flag
I got my new ā€˜21 at the beginning of August. SGP, at MSRP. To be fair, I had been working with the dealer since the beginning of 2021, had a deposit on it since then, and drove about 200 miles to get it.
Apple Tree Honda, just south of Asheville, NC. My local, RTP vicinity dealers were asking at least $5k over MSRP. Iā€™ll happily spend a day to save that much.

Deleted member 44294

I paid sticker, but it took a few weeks of looking and a willingness to drive a couple of hundred miles to find the right dealer who would sell me my car. Mine is a 20 that I bought brand new. I believe they call that color polished metal-it is a really nice version of metallic charcoal gray. Here in Northern California as many of you have seen it is also 10,000 over sticker asking price that the dealers want.

mandis8

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R in Boost Blue
Country flag
Also I learned when many say they paid msrp they leave out they got hammered on the trade In. Lol.
This happened to meā€¦

bought my ā€˜21 boost blue CTR back in Feb for $40,500 (negotiated from $46k) and only got $17k for my mint condition ā€™18 Si coupe with 18k mi. I knew it wasnā€™t a good deal on the trade but they would not budge and I really wanted the type r.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Boost Blue just 2 months ago. MSRP+$3k Accessories so $42k. And $47k with taxes and other fees in Cali.

RickW

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 civic ex 2020 civic sport
Country flag
Most of the one's that I have seen in North Carolina are running around $39k. So not too bad of a markup.
Paid 2k over msrp. Dlr wanted 2.5 k over msrp. i was lucky it was red and 10 minutes from my house

Yamz95

First Name
Yamir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I was offered a 2021 CTR in CW in November ā€˜20 for MSRP here in Texas but had just graduated college and was buying my first car so a $40k car wasnā€™t the best choice. Settled for my 2020 Si that I got for $24k plus TTL, which is now tuned to around 250-255HP and 290-300 Torque and itā€™s a blast, can only imagine how fun a CTR is.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
I paid 55k tax in

In CAD.

OP
OP
saijintrunks

saijintrunks

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Camry TRD
Country flag
This happened to meā€¦

bought my ā€˜21 boost blue CTR back in Feb for $40,500 (negotiated from $46k) and only got $17k for my mint condition ā€™18 Si coupe with 18k mi. I knew it wasnā€™t a good deal on the trade but they would not budge and I really wanted the type r.
I'm sure they would've been able to do something if I traded my TRD Camry in for the Type R but decided to keep it.

Boost Blue just 2 months ago. MSRP+$3k Accessories so $42k. And $47k with taxes and other fees in Cali.
Thats really good considerin Cali right now, everywhere I called from top to bottom is "starting at $15k above MSRP but is negotiable"
Sponsored