What are best after market parts and tune kits for 2019 SI ?

JD_SA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Bought my '19 SI coupe on Carvana in November 2020. I'm once again enjoying the driving experience thanks to the 205HP in-line 4 with turbo boost and the 6 speed manual trans. Although the rev lag is annoying, I've gotten used to it (for now). The 10th gen Civic SI is an all-around fun car to drive.

Am thinking about having KTuner or Hondata installed to eliminate rev lag and beef up performance. Any recommendations on best after market parts and tune kits?

Also is there an easy check to see if any tune has already been applied? Thanks fellas....
Sponsored

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Congratulations on the car my first mod I did on mines was an exhaust the car is really fun but the sound was lacking for me but feel free to look around and get ideas

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hardly an expert here, but I would say the easiest check for a prior tune could be just looking at boost pressure. Stock is ~17 (I could see 18 sometimes on mine). As far as tuners and parts, it's all up to you. For me, I got the KTuner v1.2 with the Phearable 1.5 tune and leave it in the first map (19psi) until I get more parts. It's a great tune, no doubt about it. I also like 27WON parts a lot, although I went with ARK DT-S exhaust (which sound fantastic) mainly because I really like burnt tips. Save your money and buy the right part once. It'll save you money in the long run. Congrats, and welcome to the club!!

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Easiest thing to start with is CAI. I’d suggest the PRL street MAF CAI. PRL is definitely the best on the market, sounds cool and all. If you’re not going to upgrade other internals or your turbo, the race MAF (requires tune) is pretty much pointless because the turbo is so small and that’ll be your limiting factor for air flow. I have the Hondata flashpro but I regret not getting the ktuner. Disabling rev hang is cool when you wanna get on it, but if you drive in congested areas (I live in NJ and commute to NYC quite often) its a real pain in the ass going in and out of the first couple gears. Other easy upgrades would be exhaust and front pipe/downpipe. Mostly for sound and aesthetic. Your biggest performance gains will come from the tune (it really is quite noticeable even on the base maps). TSP and phearable have good tunes. Pretty sure you can get TSP stage 1 with ktuner for free. Start searching specific things on the forums. There’s plenty of info and experience around.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Easiest thing to start with is CAI. I’d suggest the PRL street MAF CAI. PRL is definitely the best on the market, sounds cool and all. If you’re not going to upgrade other internals or your turbo, the race MAF (requires tune) is pretty much pointless because the turbo is so small and that’ll be your limiting factor for air flow. I have the Hondata flashpro but I regret not getting the ktuner. Disabling rev hang is cool when you wanna get on it, but if you drive in congested areas (I live in NJ and commute to NYC quite often) its a real pain in the ass going in and out of the first couple gears. Other easy upgrades would be exhaust and front pipe/downpipe. Mostly for sound and aesthetic. Your biggest performance gains will come from the tune (it really is quite noticeable even on the base maps). TSP and phearable have good tunes. Pretty sure you can get TSP stage 1 with ktuner for free. Start searching specific things on the forums. There’s plenty of info and experience around.
hondata base map tunes? I'm also north nj (fort lee) and commute to NYC almost everyday, I run phearable 1.5 with rev hang disabled and driving in traffic is seamless and smooth for me - might want to take a look into it

@ op: I recommend phearable for tuning, great smooth powerband and wakes the car up. Also set aside some money for an eventual clutch job since as soon you go over stock torque numbers it will inevitably slip

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Ktuner ( tunerView ) or hondata > tune tps or pherable > downpipe > intake > RMM very help for shifting and sport feeling ... for my experience did intake before downpipe .. downpipe wake up that car much better then intake ! Reading alot here and intercooler its more for changed turbo or if you live in hot area . That is the way for more power and not pushing it to much. Good gaz help it to !

Enjoy

Last edited:

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
hondata base map tunes? I'm also north nj (fort lee) and commute to NYC almost everyday, I run phearable 1.5 with rev hang disabled and driving in traffic is seamless and smooth for me - might want to take a look into it

@ op: I recommend phearable for tuning, great smooth powerband and wakes the car up. Also set aside some money for an eventual clutch job since as soon you go over stock torque numbers it will inevitably slip
FWIW I’ve heard the phearable tune is much smoother than TSP and the base maps. Would love to run that one but I don’t have ktuner lol
Sponsored