What a shame, Honda

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Promo materials are usually made with pre-pre-production units. Parts are, in some cases, not 100% production-quality-spec. (These pre-pre-production units usually end up either as engineering mules, press fleet units, and slated for destruction, by scrapping or on movie / stunt sets - they never make it to public hands)
Sponsored

OP
OP
hikaru

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Promo materials are usually made with pre-pre-production units. Parts are, in some cases, not 100% production-quality-spec. (These pre-pre-production units usually end up either as engineering mules, press fleet units, and slated for destruction, by scrapping or on movie / stunt sets - they never make it to public hands)
I understand all that, but fitment is not an excuse.

In my line of works, we make many mock up pre-production samples for review or photo shooting, and fitment is one of the major things that we need to take care of.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Looking at the advertisement materials put out by Honda, I couldn't resist to mention that Honda should fire those guys who prepared the car for marketing.

The rear bumper cover was installed incorrectly. Unlike the 2017, there's no clearance gap on the 2020 between the bumper and the trunk at the middle. The tabs of the rear bumper cover is not properly seated in the bumper bracket, and seated above the bumper bracket instead.

2020_honda_civic_si_29_1920x1080.jpg

2017_honda_civic_si_sedan_46_1920x1080.jpg

2020_honda_civic_si_24_1920x1080.jpg
While I admire your attention to detail, maybe that particular car was pulled off the assembly line for marketing simply because it was not perfect.

When I was in high school, GM gave our auto shop a brand new Lumina because it failed inspection. It's possible this car was repurposed instead of mucking around with it. :)

I should also add that sometimes these polymer plastics warp. The early Intrepids have plastic polymer composite front fenders and they would put them on, line them up perfectly on the assembly line and by the time the car rolled off, they had to adjust them. Then, before the customer bought the car, they sometimes had to adjust them again. That's why they switched to sheet metal fenders part way through the first gen Intrepids. ;)