What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

brendonsiX

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI
Country flag
I hear many people saying that about Honda , Hyundai and other manufacturers as well these days. I believe it is because of the newer gov't regulations for the painting process.
Agreed, hear it from alot of brands, my buddy owns a mk7 golf R which is alot more expensive yet has the same problems so it seems to be a govt/environmental reason.
Sponsored

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I like the fuel economy but very much dislike the driving experience now. I was hoping the Si would grow on me but I never really became attached to it. I do a lot of highway driving and the NVH and suspension comfort is horrid, the latter of which I can forgive somewhat.

I recently picked up an older 7 series that'll become my new daily and compliment my e46.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Beloved thing: ssssSSSSSSSSSSS–PSSSSHHHHHHhhhhhhh ??
Hated thing: the seat belt rub against the upper-left area of seat, above the left shoulder. The car is pretty dang silent when driving except for that one annoying sound.

swampm0nsta

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Things I love- aftermarket support, everything you get for $25k, I don't think any SI competitor can match everything you get with an SI for the price.

Things I hate- the gap between the SI and type R I wish we got a de-tuned 2.0L either that or give the CTR a bump in specs I know the SI isn't known for power but it would be nice to reach 250 maybe even 230 WHP without going FBO and ruining the factory warranty and resale value.

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
That its slow. If I knew what I know now I would have gotten a 93 hatch or RSX with a k24 in it and a decent turbo kit and be making close to twice the power. Atleast its newer and clean and comfortable.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
That its slow. If I knew what I know now I would have gotten a 93 hatch or RSX with a k24 in it and a decent turbo kit and be making close to twice the power. Atleast its newer and clean and comfortable.
I'm pretty sure the RSX got the k20 (2 liter) engine - at least in the States. The K24 came in the TSX.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Pros:
Lightweight.
Pretty quick for what it is.
Manual and 2 doors.
Looks good but not over-done.
Good price point for value.
Great starter car to get into a manual.

Cons:
Paint chips easily.
A new rattle some days and other days no rattle
Rev hang is terrible.
1st-2nd gear is the worst part about this car. Sometimes there's a crunch and the throws are long.
Zero clutch feel.
Cannot modify this platform too much without needing a clutch.
You need to put a lot of work into this car to make it more fun. (exhaust, intake, tune)
No exhaust sound

Reactions: JMM

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Best feature- factory LSD. I've had a car with one before, but it was rear drive with 275 width tires, and it was much harder to break traction. Going from a FWD car without to a FWD car with limited slip really shows how great they are.

Worst- not sure yet as I haven't had the car too long, but so far I'm with CopperPeacock on gremlins. I installed new door speakers and an 8 channel JBL amp with a built in DSP, so the stereo sounded way better until it just stopped working for a week. And then when I had to replace the battery after needing a jump to get home, it works like nothing happened.

My guess is the factory electronics are overly sensitive to battery state. I'm very happy with the stereo upgrade, though. Part of that was putting a bunch of poor man's dynamat in the doors, rear deck, and under the rear seat. Road noise is significantly reduced.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Peel-Seal-...s-6-in-x-25-ft-Aluminum-Roll-Flashing/1018733

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
My favorite thing about the Si is the fast power build-up. Hitting peak power not much after 3500 rpm is astonishing.

My most hated thing about the Si is the seemingly extremely limited power gains available to it with stock parts. NEEDING to replace the clutch at such low power, for example, is disappointing. And not having the fabled VTEC is a bit of a let down… I never had a Honda before, so I don’t know what playing around with that is like.

Overall, however, the car is a superior experience.
How can something you've never experienced be a let down? I am coming from a 2015 Civic Si (9th gen) with VTEC and let me tell you, VTEC is overrated. Yea it sounds nice when you rev the piss out of it, which you have to do just to get the car going anywhere, but I'd much prefer the usable, much more kick in your butt push of a Turbo banger. I traded my VTEC 9th gen Si in after a year for my 10th gen Si and never looked back. My 10th gen Si is the best car I have ever owned.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Hey, he said 'fabled,' and VTEC has been around long enough to have kind of a reputation built around it. The problem is that it's turned into a Fast and Furious thing for some people who haven't had VTEC cars- for those who have, it just makes it more exciting at high rpm than a similar sized Ford or Toyota, etc.

I've had three Hondas with VTEC and one now without, and honestly I kind of prefer the high strung high revving powerband. It feels like it wants to be a racecar, even if it's not. Mind you, the Ridgeline and the Fit aren't that sporty, but they feel more sporty than similar vehicles tuned more for midrange torque. The NSX didn't have an abrupt transition, but it definitely lived for rpm.

Don't get me wrong, there are definite advantages to a broad spread of torque, but feel is very much subjective. And probably the best feeling engine I've ever had was on a CBR929, not much power down low but screaming up high. Didn't even have VTEC, but man, it was exciting.

Honda Civic 10th gen What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si? nimitz

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si
Country flag
How can something you've never experienced be a let down? I am coming from a 2015 Civic Si (9th gen) with VTEC and let me tell you, VTEC is overrated. Yea it sounds nice when you rev the piss out of it, which you have to do just to get the car going anywhere, but I'd much prefer the usable, much more kick in your butt push of a Turbo banger. I traded my VTEC 9th gen Si in after a year for my 10th gen Si and never looked back. My 10th gen Si is the best car I have ever owned.
The best way to describe it… is hearing about this really cool thing (VTEC), and then finding out it’s not being made anymore for you to buy. The “let down” is the missing out.
And I didn’t like the older Civics enough, to buy one, just to experience it.
I disliked them so much I didn’t even bother test drive any of the older ones.
I was never a fan of Civics in general. Didn’t care much for their styling.
But the 10th gen is a completely different animal. I LOVE this car. I love it so much, that it confuses me why Honda would go back to a drab, boring, and bulbous design for the 11th gen. It genuinely confuses me.
The only reason I looked at the 10th gen is because it was attractive, and I wanted to see what it was like.

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most hated thing? My ac just stopped working today, and every VIN look up I find says "no recalls". Just in time for summer.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
i hate everything about my si. it is the worst car i have ever owned and i have major major regrets. its a total piece of shit.

it has terrible blind spots, the back up camera is laggy and choppy, the doors are extremely heavy and tend to want to close on themselves while im getting out of the car, its slow, the turbo lags like fuck, there is no vtec, i dislike the small displacement engine because the car falls out of boost and the powerband is only useable from 3-5k before it falls flat,no torque, not engaging to drive, gaudy interior, electronic parking brake sucks, there is no cd player so my collection of music is now useless

i could go on and on and on and on and on and on

this car leaves so much to be desired. i hate it with a passion. i wouldnt be upset if someone stole it or it caught on fire or something. 10thgen civic si's are absolutely total pieces of shit and i wish i never bought this stupid piece of shit

what do i like about the car?

the seats. thats it. :(

its comfortable on 15 hours drives. thats all i have to say nice about it
I couldn’t agree more and can’t wait to sell mine... it’s the most anemic of any Honda I’ve owned out of the 20 or so.... I was going to trade for a type R but opted to build another k series eg, and with a bone stock k20z3 in an eg coupe I haven’t even looked at my si in over 6 months... at least it will have low mileage when I go to sell it...??‍♂