What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

slee0730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic Si
Country flag
i hate everything about my si. it is the worst car i have ever owned and i have major major regrets. its a total piece of shit.

it has terrible blind spots, the back up camera is laggy and choppy, the doors are extremely heavy and tend to want to close on themselves while im getting out of the car, its slow, the turbo lags like fuck, there is no vtec, i dislike the small displacement engine because the car falls out of boost and the powerband is only useable from 3-5k before it falls flat,no torque, not engaging to drive, gaudy interior, electronic parking brake sucks, there is no cd player so my collection of music is now useless

i could go on and on and on and on and on and on

this car leaves so much to be desired. i hate it with a passion. i wouldnt be upset if someone stole it or it caught on fire or something. 10thgen civic si's are absolutely total pieces of shit and i wish i never bought this stupid piece of shit

what do i like about the car?

the seats. thats it. :(

its comfortable on 15 hours drives. thats all i have to say nice about it
Sponsored

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
i hate everything about my si. it is the worst car i have ever owned and i have major major regrets. its a total piece of shit.

it has terrible blind spots, the back up camera is laggy and choppy, the doors are extremely heavy and tend to want to close on themselves while im getting out of the car, its slow, the turbo lags like fuck, there is no vtec, i dislike the small displacement engine because the car falls out of boost and the powerband is only useable from 3-5k before it falls flat,no torque, not engaging to drive, gaudy interior, electronic parking brake sucks, there is no cd player so my collection of music is now useless

this car leaves so much to be desired. i hate it with a passion. i wouldnt be upset if someone stole it or it caught on fire or something. 10thgen civic si's are absolutely total pieces of shit and i wish i never bought this stupid piece of shit

lol didnt you test drive before buying? It seems like you could have figured all that out with a test drive, and just bought a different car.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

Lmao why would you buy a car you hate so much?

You should've noticed majority of those issues during your test drive. And then you went ahead and bought it anyways?

slee0730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Lmao why would you buy a car you hate so much?

You should've noticed majority of those issues during your test drive. And then you went ahead and bought it anyways?

not really, i mean there was some things i did notice that i thought i could or would look past as time went on. it was a short test drive during rush hour traffic. there is only so much you can get out of a test drive anyways.

now its been 18 months since ive had the car and the issues are far more noticeable now that i have to sit in it and drive it everyday vs day one on a test drive.

im also coming from a 9th and a 8th gen si so i guess i took a chance and after a year and a half of ownership i find that the car is lacking in pretty much all departments and leave a lot to be desired, basically the car is a disappointment.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
not really, i mean there was some things i did notice that i thought i could or would look past as time went on. it was a short test drive during rush hour traffic. there is only so much you can get out of a test drive anyways.

now its been 18 months since ive had the car and the issues are far more noticeable now that i have to sit in it and drive it everyday vs day one on a test drive.

im also coming from a 9th and a 8th gen si so i guess i took a chance and after a year and a half of ownership i find that the car is lacking in pretty much all departments and leave a lot to be desired, basically the car is a disappointment.
On the bright side, these cars are holding their value, which leaves good opportunity to trade in or sell and lose very little or none at all. Depending on whether you have a loan or bought outright. Best of luck.

Turboblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Blue, 15 Sedona (Shuttle Atlantis)
Country flag

People still use CD's??? lol wow. I do find the funny entry of "no torque" yet coming from a 8th or 9th gen, you already know what the term "no torque" actually means.

I have never understood the whole "it doesn't have vtec" argument. Vtec was good as a good mix of efficiency yet having power. To me it NEVER felt like a turbo kicking in or stuff people have tried to sell me on it. Now we have engines that are far more efficient and Turbocharged. which checks the boxes honda was trying to check with VTEC. now you get a car that has great efficiency (I get over 40 on long highway jaunts on the regular) but when you are rowing gears its a turbo blast.

I guess I don't see how, heavy doors (usually a sign of quality) and a camera you don't like, and a car that has a smaller engine that YOU should have bought makes it a POS. Sounds like someone should have spent a few more minutes making a decision on a purchase, that's all. don't like cheap camera or small engine, don't buy a compact car. pretty simple I guess..

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag

your info under your name says you have a “ 15’ si” so do you even own A 10th gen?

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
You should cut your losses and get something else...
If I didn't end up with an SI, it was going to be a Toyota Tacoma or a WRX... I chose the SI because it was considerably cheaper than both those.

8200rpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan (RR)
Country flag

First brand new car I bought was a 6th gen 2000 Civic Si in Electron Blue Pearl... You know the one that recently sold at auction for $52k! The car magazines and reviewers LOVED that car. 1.6 liter VTEC with a 8200rpm redline that produced 160 HP (100 HP per liter). There was so much hype with this car. When I found a dealer willing to sell me that car at invoice +$200 when every other dealer in SoCal was adding $2000 to the MSRP, I bought the car without a test drive.

I HATED, DETESTED, LOATHED that car with an ABSOLUTE passion down to my bones...

• Motor had no usable torque (111 ft.lbs @7000 rpm, WTF!). You had to abuse the engine every time you wanted to merge onto the highway or pass.
  • Suspension travel was so short and the springs so soft it would bottom out on broken asphalt and steel road plates.
  • Understeer was very noticeable and pronounced when pushed. Open differential, LOL!
  • Someone stole my OEM 15" wheels. I stupidly went +1 with 16" wheels with WR rated tires that were so loud I couldn't have a conversation with my passengers at highway speeds.
  • Few months later someone broke my driver side window and stole my instrument cluster.
  • Dash developed irritating rattles and squeaks.
  • Hated putting in 91 octane for such a shitty little car with no power.

I owned it for a year and a half before joyously trading it in for a Impreza 2.5RS which I LOVED. It was everything the Civic wasn't. Torquey 2.5 L motor with decent midrange that I can short shift to my hearts content. Well sorted suspension that soaked up every bump without bottoming out. AWD with predictable and very subtle "understeer" if you can even call it that. Best of all, ran on 87 octane with zero fucks given. I kept her for 8 years and 145k until the head gasket leak got too bad.

I've owned 7 cars in my life including a Tacoma TRD Off Road with $5000 worth of upgrades. And right now, my bone stock 2020 Civic Si sedan is the BEST car I've owned.

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si
Country flag
My favorite thing about the Si is the fast power build-up. Hitting peak power not much after 3500 rpm is astonishing.

My most hated thing about the Si is the seemingly extremely limited power gains available to it with stock parts. NEEDING to replace the clutch at such low power, for example, is disappointing. And not having the fabled VTEC is a bit of a let down… I never had a Honda before, so I don’t know what playing around with that is like.

Overall, however, the car is a superior experience.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the handling and how fun it is to drive.

The paint sucks... never had a car chip so easily.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I like the handling and how fun it is to drive.

The paint sucks... never had a car chip so easily.
I hear many people saying that about Honda , Hyundai and other manufacturers as well these days. I believe it is because of the newer gov't regulations for the painting process.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Loves:

It does big zoomies. Car feels faster than it is.
Handling. It absolutely carves corners out of the box.
Looks. Looks fun and aggressive but not too overstyled.
Aftermarket support. I can buy all sorts of goodies for it.

Hates:

RATTLES AND ROAD NOISE. It's SO LOUD.
Soft paint. I scarred the paint putting my fog light cover back on after installing my plate mount.
Quirkyness. For such a popular car it shouldn't have the electrical issues it does.
No VTAK so it doesn't go BAHHHHHHHHHHH when you goose it.
Weak clutch.
Awful stereo system.
Weird electrical gremlins.
More electrical gremlins.
Gremlins. SO many gremlins. I shouldn't have to do bi-weekly battery resets to clear random errors on a 3 year old car.
Sponsored