What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
civicmanic.... Wow, wow, wow <> Absolutely!
So sad that this is not coming to the US. I am currently shopping for a new car with a manual transmission and I am over the age of 60. I like the SI but would like to have something with at least a 2.0L or larger motor and at least 250hp-275hp, 18 inch wheels for a better ride, 19 inch may be okay but not 20 inch for sure. I like sporty looks and ride but I don't want a car like the type R with the extra large wing that says "Hey Cops.... Do you see ME?"
... Almost everyone buying the Civic SI wants a little more refinement and more hp.
... I firmly believe that this car would sell better than the SI and the type R combined. What does everyone else think? Especially if it were priced a little lower than the "R". maybe $35k or lower.
Bring it to the US?
I agree it would be very popular here but not coming to the states so we are SOL on that end of the deal. maybe one day they change their mind but its rare
Sponsored

MAT2020

First Name
Marc Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing I love about the car is the gas. My gas tank lasts me a month.
I hate that it’s slow.
Coming from a V8... so, can’t wait to get rid of it in a few years

Branden87

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Love the gas efficiency, love that it was only 24k, love the manual transmission.

Dislike that the power falls on its face after 5,000rpm.... It is a very strange feeling, but actually makes for an awesome city driver when shifting below 5k.
Dislike that it doesn't have a garage door opener, & hood struts.

TYP XGen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe Tonic Yellow Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the bright side it seems like there is far more head room with which to upgrade/modify without hitting the reliability ceiling (obviously there are those who push to the limit and pay the price with a blown motor but the limit on the 10th gen seems farther than previous generations)
Not true at all. Ive seen stock k motors hold 600+ hp. A stock L15 starts failing around 350. The clutch dies around there as well. The only advantage is the factory turbo.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Blue 4Dr
Country flag
Other than the usual gas mileage, value for car and overall performance, one thing I have grown to love is the brake hold system, makes stopping on an incline so easy!

I hate the electronic e-brake, please give us a manual lever instead!

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
The hate is a toss up between the fugly engine bay or the emergency braking intruding in my life. One is an easy fix, the other, not so much.
I love the seats.

Exosyx

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
My favorite thing is my cat back exhaust, my least favorite is the parking break, wish it were a classic lever rather than the electronical one

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Trading in my SI if this comes to the US. Immediately.

Back on topic...
I love the gas mileage.
I hate the E-brake and I hate the honda sense braking. Sometimes a car in front of me will be making a right turn and I'll speed up since I am going straight and on occasion the car will brake like it's right in front of me when it's nowhere close. Have almost got rear ended a couple times now because of the car braking when there isn't anything in front of me.

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag

Back on topic...
I love the gas mileage.
I hate the E-brake and I hate the honda sense braking. Sometimes a car in front of me will be making a right turn and I'll speed up since I am going straight and on occasion the car will brake like it's right in front of me when it's nowhere close. Have almost got rear ended a couple times now because of the car braking when there isn't anything in front of me.

Back on topic...
I love the gas mileage.
I love the look of that sport. Hopefully we get that in the US cause that would be sick

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Back on topic...
I love the gas mileage.
Gas mileage for sure! Gotta love Florida's open roads. I saw some NYC folk getting like 22ish...
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si? 1605734765819

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love the look of that sport. Hopefully we get that in the US cause that would be sick
Just to be accurate, that doesn't come with the 2.0 K20C right..?? Otherwise, I think we're getting the shortest, crappiest, end of the stick here...
Has anyone attempted a K20C swap into something other than a Type-R yet? From what I understand, the front steering geometry, spindle, basically everything doesn't fit without some massive engineering and machining know how...

slanted_faces

Like a wis man once said, I want to go fast
First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Overall, I really like the car. My favorite things though are the LED lights, seat comfort, ergonomics, interior/exterior design, Honda sensing, and gas mileage.

What I don't like is the paint quality. There's orange peel on every panel, and it just doesn't look good. I also think the clutch is too soft, because I can't feel when it engages most of the time and it's especially worse if I wear shoes with thicker soles. I wish they didn't cheap out on the interior of the rear doors and used the same materials as the front door so they don't seem like they came from a different car. The Goodyear all-seasons don't belong on this car. They have no grip, especially in the rain.

Compared to others here, I don't have a problem with build quality or rattles. My car is only 3 months old though and I came from a Fiesta ST so maybe my tolerance for NVH is different.
The tires are up there in biggest gripes of mine.I just installed some NITTO N05 on my second set of stock rims(I know I know I just like the stock look) but yeah I used to hydroplane going about 50 on the interstate on brand new Goodyear all seasons, Michelin pilot a/s were not much of an upgrade either.
Sponsored