What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My favorite thing about my Si is that People always consider our cars to be SLOW because it’s a Honda. Until they get a taste of my Ethanol (when I used to run it) and dust.

My most hated thing about my Si is that there’s no option to upgrade GDI injectors.. Yet :)

also the parking brake :(
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
My favorite thing about my Si is that People always consider our cars to be SLOW because it’s a Honda. Until they get a taste of my Ethanol (when I used to run it) and dust.

My most hated thing about my Si is that there’s no option to upgrade GDI injectors.. Yet :)

also the parking brake :(
Well, mine IS slow lol... Am I the only one that doesn't mind the parking brake? I don't get the big fuss about it.

I guess my favorite thing about my Si is how it handles rather decently in the corners despite being FWD. The rear end actually comes out on me instead of the usual understeer.

The thing I hate the most is the INTERIOR NOISE/RATTLES!

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Very happy with my Si so far, just wish Honda had put a stronger clutch in that wasn't made out of potato chips.

MediumUnwell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Civic EX-L, 2012 Odyssey EX-L (the wife's)
Country flag
Favorite thing about my Si is that I live about a half mile from the mouth of a 7 mile canyon road. When I see the yellow signs warning of an approaching turn with the suggested 45mph speed and I punch it in fourth gear and hit 80 through the turn - It's the best feeling. I'm literally getting butterflies in my stomach writing about it right now. That is my favorite thing about my Si. :yes::yes:. Dislikes - not much. Would prefer leather. Sometimes going from 2nd to 3rd I miss the shift and grind. Still learning the car but nothing really that I hate.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love... aftermarket support!

Hate...deliberately compromised far more this generation to keep it far less superior to the CTR. Think Cayman/Boxster complex to keep the 911 at the top of the range, though some argue the former is a better car :dunno:

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
For me there's a lot to love about the SI. It's a decent family car for a small family, has good performance and excellent handling, its efficient, looks good and fun to drive.

The fabric center Console and armrest kind of bugs me. Also wish it had factory GPS and leather seats.

Love this car!:)

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I despise the stock sub-woofer with the stock speakers close behind. I wish car companies would simply not bother installing speakers as they're always junk. Honda should just tell their customer "we're saving the $33 by not installing any speakers. We know you would much rather go to Best Buy or your local car audio installer and pay for something with actual quality".

MediumUnwell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
...excellent handling, its efficient, looks good and fun to drive.

The fabric center Console and armrest kind of bugs me. Also wish it had factory GPS and leather seats.
Agreed on all counts. I couldn't believe after some spirited driving and in-town driving my mpg was still 32! The handling though... I've owned 3 other civics and an accord but never an Si and the handling is amazing. Also don't love the fabric throughout - Si is on the higher end of the civic spectrum seems like they should offer leather.

MediumUnwell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hate...deliberately compromised far more this generation to keep it far less superior to the CTR.
On the bright side it seems like there is far more head room with which to upgrade/modify without hitting the reliability ceiling (obviously there are those who push to the limit and pay the price with a blown motor but the limit on the 10th gen seems farther than previous generations)

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Agreed on all counts. I couldn't believe after some spirited driving and in-town driving my mpg was still 32! The handling though... I've owned 3 other civics and an accord but never an Si and the handling is amazing. Also don't love the fabric throughout - Si is on the higher end of the civic spectrum seems like they should offer leather.
The handling is excellent and the SI feels planted. For the price there is not much out there that offers bang for the buck. I thought of aftermarket leather seats, but spent bit too much last year on mods and accessories. I am trying to save and invest in the New Year lol.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
A lot of folks hate on my blow off plate but combined with the muffler delete ... It's a symphony orchestra concert masterpiece! Nothing but positive response from passengers.
Sponsored