Advertisement

What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Practicing for your wife, I see.. 😄
Haha that's pretty good!!!

Advertisement

97GS

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Hate the E-Brake!! always forgetting to set/release :(

MaxPower

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I was unaware any 2020 Si's were without HomeLink. The manual usually provides a separate explanation or remark about varying models and options. It does not say anything about rearview mirrors that do not have HomeLink, so that's a surprise.
Yeah, HomeLink isn't standard on US cars. It's one of the special features reserved for the canuck-spec Si. Like LEDs before MY2020, or the washer fluid tank on the other side of the engine bay (I guess the latter isn't really a "feature")

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, HomeLink isn't standard on US cars. It's one of the special features reserved for the canuck-spec Si. Like LEDs before MY2020, or the washer fluid tank on the other side of the engine bay (I guess the latter isn't really a "feature")
For SI, it is not even an option in US. I had homelink in older Honda.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love functionality, have 3 kids so I really need a car that can carry 5, and even so it is a little fun to drive, makes me feel young again, lots of dislike compared with older SI, 1st I miss the longer gears (going to 40 on 1st) miss the hand brake, can someone tell Honda to let us select sport mode or normal in a menu so I don't have to do it everytime I turn the car on, and if you use the cup holders it gets a little uncomfortable to drive.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Please forgive me as I want to chime in but don't own one yet... my wishful SI would have ...
#1 a spare tire !!!
#2 a different exhaust tip other than that odd shaped thing
#3 leather seat option or at least an option to get the cloth ones without red in them
#4 a manual hand brake
#5 No Fake Vents
#6 the 2.0L turbo that runs on regular octane like the Accord
#7 a choice of chrome/gray/black wheels at no extra cost
#8 all chrome or all black metal trim, not a combo
I could think of more but I will quit for now.....

What I do know from my test drive is how much I liked driving it over my 2006 Mazda3 ! I went and test drove a Toyota Avalon and Camry right after I had driven the SI and quickly decided that I can't live without the manual in my next new car. I really stopped to see if they had a manual Corolla in stock but they didn't so I tried the other two. And they were both very comfortable and nice but I was bored even in the short test drives without gears to to change.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Yeah, I seriously took my configuration from their website and said, "THIS" and the one I test drove had all the bells and whistles already. I needed a car ASAP before mine died at the side of the road, so I took the Black one from the lot instead of waiting for a Blue one. It already had everything, so I didn't realize HomeLink wasn't standard in the US. Seems like BS to me. I got everything I didn't even ask for or need and others didn't get what they're looking for.. Sorry about that. It's BS.

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2012 Mazda3 Hatch Syactiv, 2011 Toyota RAV4
Very happy with my Si so far, just wish Honda had put a stronger clutch in that wasn't made out of potato chips.
It's actually made of Rice crackers.

firesyde424

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Parking brake noise, android integration, fake engine noise in sport mode.

Advertisement

Advertisement