What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A lot of folks hate on my blow off plate but combined with the muffler delete ... It's a symphony orchestra concert masterpiece! Nothing but positive response from passengers.
Poor neighboors who have to listen to this all the time, a friend of mine got one side of his car competely keyed because his car was too loud. o_O
Sponsored

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Likes: Nice MPG and great daily driver (for me at least), fun fun! Lots of room to mod (even though I didn't do anything to mine aside from visual mods)

Gripes: The first 10-15 minutes of driving it during the winter, shift "grinds" (4th gear most of all) and small squeaks All livable though! Comparing to other cars, I'd still take the SI :)

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOVE: Gas mileage combined with fun, spirited driving
HATE: Interior rattles and the texture of the cloth interior

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Love: MPG like many have said

Hate: no hatchback option, no way to install trailer hitch (for bike) without, at least, modifying the exhaust tip which ruins the look.

There are a few more love/hate but they do not make the "most" love/hate.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Things I loved when I owned the 2018 Si:

An inexpensive car that was fun and loaded. One of the best fwd handling cars I have ever driven. Felt very stable and planted at highway speeds. Nice power plant for such a small engine. Only $499 got me some extra WHP and torque. Inexpensive to maintain. Oh yeah, MPG's

Things I hated when I owned the 2018 Si:

The infotainment system, and lack of HVAC controls (fan control) outside the screen. Moodiness of the engine, sometimes she was smooth as butter, and other times not, especially in colder weather. MPG's were all over the place, sometimes I averaged in the 30's, and sometimes the 20's doing the same drive, same style. The manual transmission was also very moody, and although I drove manuals most of my young adult life, I had to learn to drive this one smoothly. Build quality: this was something I began to notice months after buying. Panel gaps and dash and pillar rattles that drove me nuts. This really astounded me because I have driven Accords and my brother-in-laws Odyssey and they are well built. Also suspension noise was very noticeable, especially on bumps and rougher roads. I've driven all kinds of cars with tighter sports suspension, and none made the clanking noise this car made. The service department of the dealership said it was normal

Overall this is a very good car, for the money you get a lot of car. Other than a Hyundai, you won't find another car that gives you this much bang for your buck with lots of fun thrown in

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I love love love how well this car handles. Especially with a few suspension mods thrown at it. For a fwd car this thing sticks to the road very well for its price point.

I know this goes against what others have said BUT, my 2020 is so solid. No creaks or rattles. It feels as well built inside as my VW. The cabin just seems so solid and quiet. Maybe this is because im coming straight from a 9th gen?

The only thing i dont like is the rev hang. Its not a big deal but its the one thing I wish wasn't there stock.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My favorite thing about my Si is that People always consider our cars to be SLOW because it’s a Honda. Until they get a taste of my Ethanol (when I used to run it) and dust.

My most hated thing about my Si is that there’s no option to upgrade GDI injectors.. Yet :)

also the parking brake :(
Haha I hate the ebrake as well. My Lexus has the foot style brake, I'm not fond of it, but I like it better than an e-brake

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love love love how well this car handles. Especially with a few suspension mods thrown at it. For a fwd car this thing sticks to the road very well for its price point.

I know this goes against what others have said BUT, my 2020 is so solid. No creaks or rattles. It feels as well built inside as my VW. The cabin just seems so solid and quiet. Maybe this is because im coming straight from a 9th gen?

The only thing i dont like is the rev hang. Its not a big deal but its the one thing I wish wasn't there stock.
I'm glad they fixed the creaks and rattles. Rev hang I can live with, it never bothered me once I learned to work around it. The Creaks and rattles drove me nuts

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
Favorite thing: the unrivaled combination of economy and fun-to-drive.

Honorable mention: airy and attractive interior.

Least favorite: the symphony of interior rattles, buzzes, and other assorted sounds almost since new. I'm probably not alone in being willing to pay another couple hundred bucks and add thirty pounds of weight to have better sound insulation, more attention paid to wire/cable management, etc.

Dishonorable mention: second-gear syncro.

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
My favorite thing about the car? The seats. I love these seats. They look great and they actually hold me in place even when I'm taking turns faster than I should be. I really just like the aesthetics of the car inside and out.

I don't have one thing that I hate about it but the vague clutch and the terrible fan controls are probably my top 2.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite thing about the car? The seats. I love these seats. They look great and they actually hold me in place even when I'm taking turns faster than I should be. I really just like the aesthetics of the car inside and out.

I don't have one thing that I hate about it but the vague clutch and the terrible fan controls are probably my top 2.
Great minds think alike :thumbsup:
Sponsored