What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

JABCOZE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20’ SI Coup
Country flag
Most= the fact that errbody thinks I’m trying to race them coming off a green light, when all I’m doing is driving up to the posted limit normally. Then I see them get flashed by a camera because It’s all in their head haha.

Least= that parking break. just a little peeve on a leash. I still find myself trying to push it with my left foot when parking, which is funny because last time I drove manual was 99’. Wouldn’t even mind a center console pull up to have that tactile ‘pice of mind’ instead of the robotic feeling shenanigans.
Sponsored

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Favorite: Definitely the ride and handling. The car is plenty quick for the streets, but where this car really shines is the handling. It's phenomenal. This car punches way above its weight in terms of handling. Here's an article proving so. Honda Civic Si at Lightning Lap 2017 | Feature | Car and Driver

Con: The soft as "ice cream in the summer" clutch feel. As someone who's had an 8th and 9th gen Si...the huge letdown is definitely the clutch. It's clear Honda did some cost cutting here, which is a shame.

Reactions: JMM

K_Dub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI coupe, 2018 Gx460
Country flag
Interesting thread for a noob like me. I wish I'd read this before I bought, not that it would have changed anything but it's given me some things to look for and insights from long term owners. Coming from a Lexus LS400 this thing is super loud and bumpy, but I wouldn't consider that a problem with the car as much as my expectations. It's really not fair to compare an executive sedan with a sport compact. I didn't understand the rattle complaints until Run The Jewels came up on shuffle. Now I get it.

Most Loved: A tie between the handling and the gas mileage. Those were the two biggest changes I wanted from the LS and this car delivers both and then some.

Most Hated: Probably the rev hang. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I always loved heel/tow downshifts in my previous manuals and I haven't had one in the SI that gave me the dopamine rush that I long for. Almost worth a tune, if only for that feature. I'm not interested in mixing fuels or any of that jazz for 91 octane users, but I just hate the disconnect from my pedal to the throttle.

Funny enough, the pedal placement is fine in my Doc Martens, but a problem with my fancy driving shoes. I've looked at the adjustable bracket, but if I can't get a smooth downshift regardless I'm not sure it's worth it.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting thread for a noob like me. I wish I'd read this before I bought, not that it would have changed anything but it's given me some things to look for and insights from long term owners. Coming from a Lexus LS400 this thing is super loud and bumpy, but I wouldn't consider that a problem with the car as much as my expectations. It's really not fair to compare an executive sedan with a sport compact. I didn't understand the rattle complaints until Run The Jewels came up on shuffle. Now I get it.

Most Loved: A tie between the handling and the gas mileage. Those were the two biggest changes I wanted from the LS and this car delivers both and then some.

Most Hated: Probably the rev hang. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I always loved heel/tow downshifts in my previous manuals and I haven't had one in the SI that gave me the dopamine rush that I long for. Almost worth a tune, if only for that feature. I'm not interested in mixing fuels or any of that jazz for 91 octane users, but I just hate the disconnect from my pedal to the throttle.

Funny enough, the pedal placement is fine in my Doc Martens, but a problem with my fancy driving shoes. I've looked at the adjustable bracket, but if I can't get a smooth downshift regardless I'm not sure it's worth it.
i agree with the rev hang but only because my 2020 has issues with the ktuner's rev hang disable. otherwise, a tune (and lightweight clutch) is an easy fix for rev hang, and acuity's relocator is perfect for heel toes. i have mine on position b and i can downshift as good as a car with paddles. it makes taking turns in this car that much better.
Sponsored