Not open for further replies.

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Wow. If you have a problem with my colorful language, you can stop reading it. I don't really care, you don't really bring anything to the table with your porsche posts.

Do you know the sign of someone who has nothing to argue? Someone who starts attacking language instead of the argument. This is the third or fourth time you've resorted to this. Come on now.

I like changing my own oil but sometimes I simply do not have the time. It's nice to know I could get full synthetic for about $30 in a pinch at any shop in town. That is simply not the case for German cars and it's unfair to say the cost is reasonable without exploring the sunk cost of changing your own oil - you need your own space, you need ramps/jack, you need something to drain the oil into, you need the right wrenches, maybe an oil filter wrench and in Porsche's case, you need something to reset the computer. If you fuck up, you need to consider the cost of fixing a stripped drain plug or what happens if you run the car with too much or too little oil. Yeah, a few times and you got it down, but not without risk.

Do you know what wealthy people have? Toys. That's why you're talking about a 2005 Porsche Boxster like it's a sound car choice for people who aren't wealthy - because it wasn't your daily driver and it wasn't your only car and it sounds like you don't have any family or kids to carry. Or trying to say a GT3/GT4 is actually really great decisions financially. It's totally absurd. Wealthy people have at least two cars and the ability to have a car out of commission so they do work on it. That way, they can save money at the Porsche dealer! Great money saving tip, spend 1k instead of 3k! Luxuries that the average person can't really stretch to afford, no matter how much you downplay the cost because it's not a lot to YOU.
Is that what you call profanity and vulgar language "colorful"?
You probably also use that "colorful" language regularly with your wife and kids.
Feel sorry for them.
I guess it never crossed your mind that younger people/kids might also look at these car forums?

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Is that what you call profanity and vulgar language "colorful"?
You probably also use that "colorful" language regularly with your wife and kids.
Feel sorry for them.
I guess it never crossed your mind that younger people/kids might also look at these car forums?
Yup, that's what I came on here to do - to debate you about language because you've run out of bullshit to talk about affordable porsches.

Latching on to language to shift the argument instead of admitting you have no leg to stand on in an argument is weak. I use colorful language all the time when appropriate. This isn't work or church or school. I don't know why you're trying to play word police here.

All you do is fight like an autist and add nothing to the conversation. You feel "sorry for them?" You can take your condescending words and shove them straight up your ass. I love how you called me a foul mouth pig in another thread - when you're ready to talk about cars again, let me know.

Last edited:

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Yup, that's what I came on here to do - to debate you about language because you've run out of bullshit to talk about affordable porsches.

I don't curse at family and friends because I respect them and love them. Also because they don't pop off with bullshit like misquotes or latching on to language to shift the argument instead of admitting you have no leg to stand on in an argument.

All you do is fight like an autist and add nothing to the conversation. You can take your condescending words and shove them straight up your ass. I love how you called me a foul mouth pig in another thread - when you're ready to talk about cars again, let me know.
I take it you have not read the rules of this Civic Forum.
I quote from the rules:
"Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
Strong, VULGAR, obscene or otherwise harmful language."
Now you get it?????

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
holy balls wtf thread did i come in to? i wasn't expecting the last few pages lol.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I take it you have not read the rules of this Civic Forum.
I quote from the rules:
"Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
Strong, VULGAR, obscene or otherwise harmful language."
Now you get it?????
lol, is this for real? Quoting me internet rules? You're not a mod.

Again, you bring nothing to the conversation. You're a boring sad old person vindictively trying to enforce internet rules because I said something against German cars. Isn't there a hall somewhere you need to monitor or some milk you need to give out?

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
lol, is this for real? Quoting me internet rules? You're not a mod.

Again, you bring nothing to the conversation. You're a boring sad old person vindictively trying to enforce internet rules because I said something against German cars. Isn't there a hall somewhere you need to monitor or some milk you need to give out?
You really need to get your head out of your butt, as this has nothing to do with German cars, do you really think I care what an uneducated buffoon has to say, especially one who has zero experience with German cars.
Obviously you don't have a strong vocabulary, otherwise you wouldn't need to use profane language.
Administrators, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it says in the forum rules that "Strong, VULGAR, obscene or otherwise harmful language is strictly prohibited."
Time to start enforcing your rules.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
On the topic of this car's good market value, does that mean getting GAP insurance makes little sense?
I don't think the CTR will hold their value like the previous Integra Type-R or the EM1 1999 Civic Si. Those cars were actually limited production car and were relatively easy to steal and salvage. That makes finding one in decent condition with low mileage really difficult.

The current CTR was deliberately built as a world car with the intention to sell as much as possible by Honda (despite what people may think, Honda brought the CTR to the US was to make more money, not pleasing the import fans). Within a few years, the CTR will be widely available in the used market, and will be sold for less than MSRP. I remember the 2006 Si was listing above MSRP and within a few years, dealers were begging buyers to take it off the lot. Now that the Type-R is available in US and getting a positive response, the Type-R will be likely to continue available like the Si as the top except this time the Type-R will be the top Civic... unless the economy tanks and Honda decided to cut cost and focus on cheap economy cars again. So if you are buying a car that is not that rare (and the CTR is not a rare car at all), and you are likely using it as a daily driver, racking up miles, how are you suppose to expect to have it appreciate?

One type R owner I meet in CA told me he had to buy the car in 2017 because he wasn't sure if Honda will release a 2018 model, he was obviously speculating, since we know the 2019 models (there might be multiple CTR trim now) are coming. While some cars will definitely appreciate, most of the time it is not known until a long time has passed. I doubt most people who bought the original ITR and EM1 Si knew at the time it will appreciate, or else I wouldn't see them on sale in the used market for 13-16k (ITR) or 6-7k (for the Si) back in the 90s and early 200ss. Speculating that the 2017 CTR will appreciate is just that, a speculation. People buying a car as an investment and speculate need to take a real good look at reality.

You buy the car above MSRP, paid taxes title and fees. You have to sell it above that to make a profit. So if you bought the car for 40k, paid for it 45k OTD, you have to sell it for at least 46k to make any money. The longer you hold on to the car while listing it on craigslist you are also paying monthly interest, assuming you finance the car. I won't pay above MSRP for a new car, so I'm sure I won't pay above MSRP for a used car that is likely abused before it was put on the market.

Lets be real, when you are looking at the listing for a used CTR and it reads "car was taken care of, never abused" do you really believe that the owner never VTEC the car and joy ride a few times before putting on the market?

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
You really need to get your head out of your butt, as this has nothing to do with German cars, do you really think I care what an uneducated buffoon has to say, especially one who has zero experience with German cars.
Obviously you don't have a strong vocabulary, otherwise you wouldn't need to use profane language.
Administrators, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it says in the forum rules that "Strong, VULGAR, obscene or otherwise harmful language is strictly prohibited."
Time to start enforcing your rules.
I'm sorry you are so small minded that you think someone cursing in your vicinity is cursing at you.

You have shown your ass over and over so you must resort to talking about rules. You are obviously not very intelligent and argue like a weak minded person.

The mature thing would have been to tell the mods your concerns. Instead you want to troll and make sure I know you're the one that gets me in trouble with the mods. You're a real piece of work and I can tell you have trouble getting along with others in normal social situations. Good luck with that.

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I don't think the CTR will hold their value like the previous Integra Type-R or the EM1 1999 Civic Si. Those cars were actually limited production car and were relatively easy to steal and salvage. That makes finding one in decent condition with low mileage really difficult.

The current CTR was deliberately built as a world car with the intention to sell as much as possible by Honda (despite what people may think, Honda brought the CTR to the US was to make more money, not pleasing the import fans). Within a few years, the CTR will be widely available in the used market, and will be sold for less than MSRP. I remember the 2006 Si was listing above MSRP and within a few years, dealers were begging buyers to take it off the lot. Now that the Type-R is available in US and getting a positive response, the Type-R will be likely to continue available like the Si as the top except this time the Type-R will be the top Civic... unless the economy tanks and Honda decided to cut cost and focus on cheap economy cars again. So if you are buying a car that is not that rare (and the CTR is not a rare car at all), and you are likely using it as a daily driver, racking up miles, how are you suppose to expect to have it appreciate?

One type R owner I meet in CA told me he had to buy the car in 2017 because he wasn't sure if Honda will release a 2018 model, he was obviously speculating, since we know the 2019 models (there might be multiple CTR trim now) are coming. While some cars will definitely appreciate, most of the time it is not known until a long time has passed. I doubt most people who bought the original ITR and EM1 Si knew at the time it will appreciate, or else I wouldn't see them on sale in the used market for 13-16k (ITR) or 6-7k (for the Si) back in the 90s and early 200ss. Speculating that the 2017 CTR will appreciate is just that, a speculation. People buying a car as an investment and speculate need to take a real good look at reality.

You buy the car above MSRP, paid taxes title and fees. You have to sell it above that to make a profit. So if you bought the car for 40k, paid for it 45k OTD, you have to sell it for at least 46k to make any money. The longer you hold on to the car while listing it on craigslist you are also paying monthly interest, assuming you finance the car. I won't pay above MSRP for a new car, so I'm sure I won't pay above MSRP for a used car that is likely abused before it was put on the market.

Lets be real, when you are looking at the listing for a used CTR and it reads "car was taken care of, never abused" do you really believe that the owner never VTEC the car and joy ride a few times before putting on the market?
I couldn't have said it any better myself.
Those buyers who think the CTR will appreciate in value are delusional, or have been smoking way too much good weed.
You're right when you said it's a world car now, and not an extremely limited production model like the old ITR.
Most don't take into account that in order to make money you have to take into account the price of the car, which in many cases has some Adm, then add all the other costs like freight, pdi, sales tax, dealer fees, financing costs etc.
If you're buying the CTR for its future appreciated collector car value then you're buying the wrong car.
If you like the CTR then buy it, driven it and enjoy every minute of it.

IceyD

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White CTR 2018
Country flag
I was asking in regards to the necessity of GAP, not in the expectation that I'm buying an appreciating asset. The CTR will keep good value the way most new Hondas keep good value. The rarity helps even more, but no I'd never expect it to appreciate.

Also there's yet to be any concrete news on 2019 but ya'll are in here saying multiple trims absolutely confirmed?

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
I was asking in regards to the necessity of GAP, not in the expectation that I'm buying an appreciating asset. The CTR will keep good value the way most new Hondas keep good value. The rarity helps even more, but no I'd never expect it to appreciate.

Also there's yet to be any concrete news on 2019 but ya'll are in here saying multiple trims absolutely confirmed?
If you buy the CTR above MSRP it is in your best interest to get GAP coverage to cover the difference in value of the car that you paid above MSRP and the amount you financed.

You probably know what gap coverage is but to paint you a picture of the effect of it and why you would need it use the following example.

For example, you bought a CTR for 40k and with finance charge, licenses taxes and other fee the total cost of the car came out to be 47k. You put down 5k and drove the car off the lot. Assuming standard depreciation off the car is 10 percent you drove it off the lot, the CTR is now worth 30K, but you still owe 41k on the car. In the event you lost the car due to theft or accident the insurance will only pay what they think the car is worth, which is often lower than MSRP, you are still screw if you don’t have gap because the insurance only give a check for 30 or 35k based on what THEY think the car is worth for a car that cost you 47k. Gap will cover the difference what insurance give you and what you actually owe on the loan of the car.

So again if you buy the car above MSRP get the Gap coverage, because insurance will not give you above MSRP if the car is totaled or stolen, I’m 100% sure about that. Just because the car “hold its value” to the Honda fans the insurance won’t see it like that. They will price the car like how the dealership value a trade in.

Whatever the cost for gap coverage, you might as well add that to cost of the CTR if you buy above MSRP.

As far as 2019 model, it speculation now for multiple trim, but with Honda refreshing the civic line up and adding new trims for 2019, I guess they might do it for the Type R as well. I’ll wait and see.

Knowing that the 2019 model is around the corner, I’d just wait and see before buying the 2018, unless you get a good deal.

Last edited:

IceyD

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White CTR 2018
Country flag
I agree with what you're saying. In my case it's MSRP and I'm putting money down so I don't think I'll have issues, but I appreciate the breakdown.

Mine delivers in November so if any 2019 news breaks before that I may put it off. But frankly there is always a better car around the corner.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
I agree with what you're saying. In my case it's MSRP and I'm putting money down so I don't think I'll have issues, but I appreciate the breakdown.

Mine delivers in November so if any 2019 news breaks before that I may put it off. But frankly there is always a better car around the corner.
Yea if you finance for less than what the car is actually worth then there’s no reason to give the bank and an extra 1500.

Where did you got your car for MSRP btw. I’m haven’t found any one in Denver or SoCal willing to lower to MSRP.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.