1.5T What’s the difference from si vs non si prl cobra intake?

Valkyrie743

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport CVT
Country flag
Hey all so I own a 2017 civic sport cvt bought the non si prl cobra intake and got it the other day. Just got done installing it and was having major issues with mounting it. It seems like one of the hanger brackets was not made for
My car. I was wondering if maybe They sent me the hardware for the si version by mistake. I got it to fit but I had to o it use one screw for the bracket under the front left wheel well to make it work.
Not sure if the si version is the same thing as the non si just with different hardware with different mounting locations or if other parts are different sizes.
Sponsored

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Hey all so I own a 2017 civic sport cvt bought the non si prl cobra intake and got it the other day. Just got done installing it and was having major issues with mounting it. It seems like one of the hanger brackets was not made for
My car. I was wondering if maybe They sent me the hardware for the si version by mistake. I got it to fit but I had to o it use one screw for the bracket under the front left wheel well to make it work.
Not sure if the si version is the same thing as the non si just with different hardware with different mounting locations or if other parts are different sizes.
Also wondered the difference between Si and non-Si.. this is the reply I got from PRL

Honda Civic 10th gen What’s the difference from si vs non si prl cobra intake? 1592496999013

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Also wondered the difference between Si and non-Si.. this is the reply I got from PRL

1592496999013.png
It's a difference in the sensor itself and/or sensor housing size. Causes some weird fuel trim issues if you cross them.

BTW @nrchaytor do you have a CTR conversion kit on your car?

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
It's a difference in the sensor itself and/or sensor housing size. Causes some weird fuel trim issues if you cross them.

BTW @nrchaytor do you have a CTR conversion kit on your car?
Yes various ABS Dynamics parts.. front end, hood, side skirts, and wing.. also rear diffuser but not from ABS Dynamics

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes various ABS Dynamics parts.. front end, hood, side skirts, and wing.. also rear diffuser but not from ABS Dynamics
Looks really good. Very convincing

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Don't know why you got a part that wasn't designed for your car. The MAF housings and sensor are different. It is not going to work properly.
Sponsored