First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like the post said what’s maintenance you should do once in a while to help your civic anything helps
Sponsored

Conor

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would say follow the maintenance schedule, but Honda more or less did away with that and gave us the "maintenance minder" instead. Follow it and you'll be fine. You can research on the interwebs to get an idea of what to expect. The main things are more or less:

Oil changes approx. every 7.5k miles
Change brake fluid and air filters every 30k miles.
Spark plugs every 100k miles.

Coolant and transmission fluid are somewhere in that range as well.

Of course, check brake pads and other wear items as you wish!

OP
OP
Skevros

Skevros

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say follow the maintenance schedule, but Honda more or less did away with that and gave us the "maintenance minder" instead. Follow it and you'll be fine. You can research on the interwebs to get an idea of what to expect. The main things are more or less:

What fluids should I be using any preferences?

Conor

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I only have 6k miles on mine, so I haven't gotten that far yet. I'd imagine there are others that will be happy to share their preferences. And argue/fight about them!

Good luck!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I use only Honda fluids for everything except the engine oil. I use the engine oil that makes me feel good. That's because I haven't found any reason to do otherwise. So I recommend everyone do the same. (Maybe if I had a MT I would bother to use something else for that, but then maybe not.)

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Yearly I’d recommend you grease up your slider pins and brakepad brackets.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

I'd personally change the spark plugs sooner than that, especially if you tend to do a bit of aggressive driving...that said, good idea to check up on them every now and then, even if not replacing them.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
A few of the most basic maintenance items that you can check regularly that can save you from costly repairs:

1. Check for fluid spills under your car, especially after you change your oil.

2. Check your tire pressure - in the winter you will most likely need to add air to your tires, and in the spring, you’ll need to check them again and bleed some air out due to air expansion.

3. Check your battery terminals, and the top of the battery for corrosion. Some operators never check until they are trying to jump-start their car and are brushing-off all the corrosion buildup from a bad battery.

4. Check the car for rust spots, especially in the base of the panels (doors, quarter panels). It’s easy to treat the spot when it is small, but waiting until the rust has expanded will mean bodywork. Wash-out the car thoroughly during the winter to remove any salt that has collected in these areas, and the undercarriage.

Most of the other maintenance related tasks are found in the owner’s manual and should be performed at the indicated timeframe.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Wash and wax often. Keep the inside of the car clean also. So many cars I have seen with 60k on them and they have holes in the carpet from grinding sand and dirt into it with there feet. Rust starts quicker if the car is dirty all the time also.

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I'd personally change the spark plugs sooner than that, especially if you tend to do a bit of aggressive driving...that said, good idea to check up on them every now and then, even if not replacing them.
If I could ask about spark plugs, what do you or anyone else here consider aggressive driving? My 2017 EXT has 60k and I don't think they've been replaced. I don't drive it hard at all. Occasionally I drop it into Sport when getting onto an entrance ramp, but other than that I baby it. It's endured long, cold, and snowy winters, and hot summers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check your cabin and engine air filters every 10k miles. The cabin filter doesn't seem to last past 10k miles without being pretty dirty. Depending on where you live your engine air filter may be dirty at this point as well.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
The intake air filter needs to be changed more often than has been advised here. I looked at mine at 10k miles and it was completely packed with dirt, leaves, and crap. I'm going to check it every 5k from now on.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag