Were any of you trying to convince yourselves you didn't want the Touring?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Man I was so against the Touring because it was too expensive. The silver handles look stupid, I said. The rain sensing wipers are dumb. I don't care about LED headlights - too expensive to replace!

But now that I know I can afford it I'm like I LOVE ALL THOSE THINGS.

Except the silver handles. Those kind of just seem more there to tell OTHER people I got the better model.
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Except the silver handles. Those kind of just seem more there to tell OTHER people I got the better model.
Isn't that the point?...

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I convinced myself that I didn't want it. But there are times that I wish I hadn't.

I really don't want the Honda Sensing features, and I don't want a leather interior. Those were the two things that you can't get a Touring without, that really decided things for me. If I had gotten it, it would have been for the stereo system, and the LED headlights. And I guess the power seats. Would have been nice to have those features, but I'd say I'm quite happy with my EX-T. Once I get the TCM software updated, at least.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
Never even considered the Touring. I do feel it offers the most for your money, if the additional features are something you want. I would rather save the 4k+. That is a weekend in Vegas that I will enjoy a lot more than my car lol.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I never considered anything other than the touring. I like leather (it's very subjective of course). I like LED's, I like Sensing. I pick up my touring Coupe in about an hour :)

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I convinced myself that I didn't want it. But there are times that I wish I hadn't.

I really don't want the Honda Sensing features, and I don't want a leather interior. Those were the two things that you can't get a Touring without, that really decided things for me. If I had gotten it, it would have been for the stereo system, and the LED headlights. And I guess the power seats. Would have been nice to have those features, but I'd say I'm quite happy with my EX-T. Once I get the TCM software updated, at least.
Ya that's similar to me... I like all the features of the touring except for the leather. If I could've gotten a car equipped like the touring but with cloth seats that's what I'd be driving. I am very happy with my EX-T but really wish I could have that stereo, lights, and wheels. The touring wheels are by far the best of the bunch!

I do like the chrome door handles and even checked out how to order them seperately. I might do it in the near future. You can order them for just under $50 each door. This is for the official Honda handles, not some cheap covers off amazon or something.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
I never considered anything other than the touring. I like leather (it's very subjective of course). I like LED's, I like Sensing. I pick up my touring Coupe in about an hour :)
Congrats on the new car.

greedy22801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport
The reason for me getting a Civic Touring and getting rid of my Accord Sport is for all the interior upgrades. The dealer salesperson told me I would be unhappy going down to a Civic when I was test driving the Accord Touring. I am looking forward to getting my Civic and saving $5000 in my pocket compared to a Accord.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always had the Touring in my sights. I havent sat in any Mercedes or Audis but the Touring feels a lot more expensive than its price. Its not a car most people would think of if they heard the words "Honda Civic". The only thing i hate about it is the erratic rain sensing wipers and the fact that i cant put a wing spoiler on it

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I was going through the same thing. I tried to talk my self out of the touring and just get a exl. But for 2100.00 you get so much more.

GPS worth it. AA and CP are good but a phone update could end that really fast.

HS worth it. Its the furture of cars. Someone posted by 2020 it will be a standard feature. I dont want a brand new car to be out dated in 3 years.

Led lights also furture of cars.

Stereo so worth it....

Heated back seats are cool but not really needed rather have rear vents.

Signals in the mirror are cool.

Rims are better.

Leather is much nicer. Not a fan of 16's cloth at all. Not a fan of the stripe. I wish it was plush.

Go for the touring model... trust me

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Figured if I am in for the long haul, i.e. 10-15+ years, I'm getting the loaded model. No sense in getting a stripper that I won't be happy with 3 years down the road. I got it for a good enough discount and enjoy the majority of the features.

I test drove an EX-L first, then after checking out the features/not-so-huge price to upgrade to the Touring and its features, I was sold.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I started out ordering an EX-T (put deposit on incoming car) and when a Touring came in first, I jumped on it. It's only $2000 more for the Touring in Canada but options are different between equally named models in US and Canada.

jestah16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
I sat in a Touring when I first went to the dealership and it's definitely a big bang for the buck you spend on it. But, I knew from the start that I only wanted to drive a manual transmission and keep payments down, so the LX it is.. and I'm very happy with it!

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
I sat in a Touring when I first went to the dealership and it's definitely a big bang for the buck you spend on it. But, I knew from the start that I only wanted to drive a manual transmission and keep payments down, so the LX it is.. and I'm very happy with it!
Lol I had the same situation, they didn't have a LX on the floor so the sales guy drove me to where they kept the stock in a Touring. The guy was flooring it every chance he got to try and impress me. Sorry but automatic transmission bore the crap out of me and I don't need all the fancy stuff.
Sponsored