Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! That’s a bad ass ride also. Why did you want to trade the CTR? I assume you plan to sell the CTR outright? You’ll never get the money trading in you deserve. Car dealerships are generally on commission, for example one dealership I worked for even the appraisal department made commission low balling trades and we would low ball below their low ball. It’s the nature of the business to give you as little for your car as they can and sell you the new one and as many extras as possible for as much as possible. I saw the Pilot BE at the dealership when I went to buy my CTR last year. They said they had it months earlier than anyone else. They had 2 come in the day I was there negotiating my purchase and they had both sold with 25k ADM on both before I purchased mine. Both buyers had no issues with the ADM. I was talking to them both and was blown away they didn’t have any heartburn paying 25k over sticker. The CTR is my 1st new Honda and always been a big Nissan fan. Do new or less common Honda’s always get ADM thrown on them? I mean even when I went to buy my GT-R I was able to at least get a small discount off sticker.

Beaty of a cabin by the way too. :)

Last edited:

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Congrats! That’s a bad ass ride also. Why did you want to trade the CTR? I assume you plan to sell the CTR outright? You’ll never get the money trading in you deserve. Car dealerships are generally on commission, for example one dealership I worked for even the appraisal department made commission low balling trades and we would low ball below their low ball. It’s the nature of the business to give you as little for your car as they can and sell you the new one and as many extras as possible for as much as possible. I saw the Pilot BE at the dealership when I went to buy my CTR last year. They said they had it months earlier than anyone else. They had 2 come in the day I was there negotiating my purchase and they had both sold with 25k ADM on both before I purchased mine. Both buyers had no issues with the ADM. I was talking to them both and was blown away they didn’t have any heartburn paying 25k over sticker. The CTR is my 1st new Honda and always been a big Nissan fan. Do new or less common Honda’s always get ADM thrown on them? I mean even when I went to buy my GT-R I was able to at least get a small discount off sticker.

Hold up. What? 25k over sticker? Are you sure it is not 2.5k?:doh: This sounds absurd to me

OP
OP
krees

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Congrats! That’s a bad ass ride also. Why did you want to trade the CTR?
Thanks, the original plan was to trade the type r for the ridgeline because I just bought the log cabin and it's on a gravel road. I decided to make the type r the weekend/summer car instead of trading.

I assume you plan to sell the CTR outright? You’ll never get the money trading in you deserve. Car dealerships are generally on commission, for example one dealership I worked for even the appraisal department made commission low balling trades and we would low ball below their low ball. It’s the nature of the business to give you as little for your car as they can and sell you the new one and as many extras as possible for as much as possible.
I was going to trade for the tax credit but I'm keeping it.
Thanks, we just bought it and we love it.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I’m 100% sure. It was November 2019 and they said they were one of 2 dealerships in the country that had the opportunity to get them months early because of the volume they move. It was definitely $25k I was floored by the mark-up myself, all the CTRs were marked $10k ADM. that’s why it was an all day event for me to get the pricing at sticker. I had other dealerships in the area willing to do MSRP on the CTR but they were the only one around with the PMM I wanted. I had the numbers and everything from the other dealership at MSRP but it was still a headache to get the PMM at MSRP. They had 3 black ones and kept trying to push a black one on me and I’m like I’m only here for the PMM black isn’t an option.

I can see the 2021LE CTR marked up $25k minimum I could even see some at $40k because not every dealership will even get one so I’m sure they will sit until they sell they aren’t going to not be limited edition if they sit for a year to sell.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Yes I’m 100% sure. It was November 2019 and they said they were one of 2 dealerships in the country that had the opportunity to get them months early because of the volume they move. It was definitely $25k I was floored by the mark-up myself, all the CTRs were marked $10k ADM. that’s why it was an all day event for me to get the pricing at sticker. I had other dealerships in the area willing to do MSRP on the CTR but they were the only one around with the PMM I wanted. I had the numbers and everything from the other dealership at MSRP but it was still a headache to get the PMM at MSRP. They had 3 black ones and kept trying to push a black one on me and I’m like I’m only here for the PMM black isn’t an option.

I can see the 2021LE CTR marked up $25k minimum I could even see some at $40k because not every dealership will even get one so I’m sure they will sit until they sell they aren’t going to not be limited edition if they sit for a year to sell.
They were feeding you BS trying to get you over sticker. People in California don’t pay that much over sticker, much less Ohio.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
That pictures called living the dream right there... nice!!! Congrats on the new ride in a nice looking stable there

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
That’s illegal price gouging. I’d want to see proof some brain dead person paying essentially 60k for a stock type r. Maybe a built engine big turbo and fuel system with clutch car but now way pay 60l or more for stock. I seen recent a shop had production number below first 10 and he wanted 42k. I think it was number 4. I’d sooner see someone buying that.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s illegal price gouging. I’d want to see proof some brain dead person paying essentially 60k for a stock type r. Maybe a built engine big turbo and fuel system with clutch car but now way pay 60l or more for stock. I seen recent a shop had production number below first 10 and he wanted 42k. I think it was number 4. I’d sooner see someone buying that.
its not illegal, and yes the world was a different place before the pandemic.$10,000 ADM was very common last year. Why do you need proof? Many dealerships put ADM on vehicles.

They were feeding you BS trying to get you over sticker. People in California don’t pay that much over sticker, much less Ohio.
Ohio is the 7th largest state in the US by total population and one of the smaller states, not like we live in corn fields.

Honda Civic 10th gen Went to trade the type r F9765EDE-602E-4176-A39E-4BB69B908FD8

Honda Civic 10th gen Went to trade the type r 0D231BEF-4A60-4E48-B5D6-D33ACDB9FF6B

Last edited:

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Nothing illegal about ADM.

It sucks, and I refuse to pay it, but that doesn’t make it illegal.

I frequently see ADM of $10-20k over sticker on Ford Shelby’s and Raptors, especially the special editions.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Population has very little to do with cost of living. Wages and living expenses are far lower in Ohio than California. That’s why the Cali dealers get away with some of the worst markups seen in the naughty list thread.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Local dealer in Scottsdale got 'only' $ 5K ADM recently for two 2020 CTR's. I still think that is $ 5K too much. But I paid $ 35 for a CPO 2018 with 13,800 miles on it in April. $ 35K is at or a hair above the MSRP in 2018 lol.

Per CarGuru, this was actually a fair market price. And I did get excellent financing, etc. But the tough part was getting lowballed on my SI. 2017 with 52,000 miles granted a tad high, and they would not do much better than 13K. Which even allowing for profit, was $ 2K low IMO. But they held firm. And since it wasn't exactly free and clear, not much point selling it privately. So yes, you can get reamed on a trade. But you can get a fair deal on a 2018 or 2019 now. 2020 CTR?

Probably not.

Love those Ridgelines, enjoy.

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
I was thinking of selling my 18' CTR but kept getting offers the same amount as carvana would give. Sometimes I want to sell sometimes not.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My vote is keep it. But that's me. I don't know too many other cars - if any, that I can drive 35 miles though streets and highways in total comfort, and still have a blast when the opportunity presents itself. Like every turn, every merge, every pass, etc. Lots of fast cars. Lots of comfortable practical cars. Not too many that are both. This is the sweet spot. I thought the SI was, but they would need to upgrade the seats for starters. The rest is easy to fix aftermarket with a tune. And even stock was usually fine on power. Usually, not always. Even with AZ heat soak, the CTR always seems willing.

How special is the CTR? I parked next to a 911 GT3 that had won some historic races and had an
amazing wrap on it. The driver got out, and started gushing about...not his rare 911...but my Honda. Because car people know. Very nice guy, we talked cars for a while. So yeah, keep your '18 CTR.
Sponsored