First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
Hi everyone, I recently uploaded the 21 starter tune from ktuner and I feel the power however when I wot in L gear the rpm went pass the redline and the car started to backfire like when your in park and revving it to make exhaust noises , this has never happened until the ktuner flash, anyone have any idea why this happened? 1.5 turbo cvt...thank you
Sponsored

Pbergmann

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sedan EX-L
Country flag
Hi everyone, I recently uploaded the 21 starter tune from ktuner and I feel the power however when I wot in L gear the rpm went pass the redline and the car started to backfire like when your in park and revving it to make exhaust noises , this has never happened until the ktuner flash, anyone have any idea why this happened? 1.5 turbo cvt...thank you
Why do you think they put in a rev limiter? Why do you think they make the red line red?

If you want a high performance car buy one. Don't try to make the car something it's not designed to be.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I generally don't use L but it sounds like you were bouncing off the rev limiter.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I guarantee it didn't actually go past redline. The popping is definitely normal for revving it all the way to the rev limiter. Sounds pretty great with the TSP stage 1 tune on my Si when I let it rip.

The fuel cutoff prevents the car from overrevving under it's own power. Maybe if you were going down a very steep hill or misshifted, but the CVT won't let you do that.

OP
OP

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
Why do you think they put in a rev limiter? Why do you think they make the red line red?

If you want a high performance car buy one. Don't try to make the car something it's not designed to be.
But usually with stock when i floor the car in L gear the rpm would go all the way just a tiny bit before the redline and stay there while my speed go up, but yesterday day afternoon it just went pass the rev limiter..that's what I mean

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But usually with stock when i floor the car in L gear the rpm would go all the way just a tiny bit before the redline and stay there while my speed go up, but yesterday day afternoon it just went pass the rev limiter..that's what I mean
Like we're saying, this time you actually HIT the rev limiter. Not 100% sure why but I wouldn't worry too much if this was a one time thing.

Let off the throttle next time. ?

OP
OP

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
I guarantee it didn't actually go past redline. The popping is definitely normal for revving it all the way to the rev limiter. Sounds pretty great with the TSP stage 1 tune on my Si when I let it rip.

The fuel cutoff prevents the car from overrevving under it's own power. Maybe if you were going down a very steep hill or misshifted, but the CVT won't let you do that.
I'll make a video today of it and post it here, but what I'm trying to say is that this has never happened before, usually when I I floor the car in L gear the rpm would go up all the way just before the redline and stay there while the car keeps increasing speed but yesterday when I floor the thing in L gear it went into the redline about halfway then started to backfire and the speed didn't go up anymore,

OP
OP

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
OP, I generally don't use L but it sounds like you were bouncing off the rev limiter.
Believe it or not L gear is more fast than D&S when racing someone or if you your trying to do a 0-60

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Believe it or not L gear is more fast than D&S when racing someone or if you your trying to do a 0-60
No question. I understand that. But, personally, I wouldn't run it in L all the time because it does keep the rpms very high which, long term, may not be great for longevity. Here and there, sure, just don't over do it.

OP
OP

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
No question. I understand that. But, personally, I wouldn't run it in L all the time because it does keep the rpms very high which, long term, may not be great for longevity. Here and there, sure, just don't over do it.
Ok I'll ease up on it but this the weather is getting better alot of people trying to race me at the stop light so I switch to L and rip it but better be safe than sorry
Sponsored