First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Congrats!
I'm not real good on finding A/X events. But here's the advice I give for finding HPDE events; Google your local tracks. Go to their websites and search their calendars. Find the groups names that are running events. Go to those groups websites to find out more info.

Also check out generic motorsport event websites like; motorsportsreg.com, hpdejunkie.com, scca.com, drivenasa.com, racingcalendar.net

OP
OP

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Mazda 3
Country flag
Congrats!
I'm not real good on finding A/X events. But here's the advice I give for finding HPDE events; Google your local tracks. Go to their websites and search their calendars. Find the groups names that are running events. Go to those groups websites to find out more info.

Also check out generic motorsport event websites like; motorsportsreg.com, hpdejunkie.com, scca.com, drivenasa.com, racingcalendar.net
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I will do that.

The event I did was smaller so hoping to find more like that. I hear the SCCA ones are super packed and you get like 4 runs.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I will do that.

The event I did was smaller so hoping to find more like that. I hear the SCCA ones are super packed and you get like 4 runs.
Google car clubs in your area. Some have AutoX. Doesn't have to be a specific type of car club. Locally, not anywhere near L.A., I run with a British car club in their monthly AutoX's. They let anyone run who joins their club. We typically get eight runs in per session. You are correct it is the most fun I have had in a car since I was a teenager!
:p

OP
OP

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Google car clubs in your area. Some have AutoX. Doesn't have to be a specific type of car club. Locally, not anywhere near L.A., I run with a British car club in their monthly AutoX's. They let anyone run who joins their club. We typically get eight runs in per session. You are correct it is the most fun I have had in a car since I was a teenager!
:p
I found some for the Porsche club, but the BMW down here doesn't seem to have any events scheduled.

The Porsche one is pricey, but you don't have to work the course. Porsche owners don't get their hands dirty haha.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Check out these guys. They run at different locations across SoCal. Got 2 events scheduled this month. I haven't run with them before, but I know some guys that do and hear nothing but good things.

https://www.corner-exit.com/

There is also Adams Motorsports Park in Riverside. It is a kart track they allow full size vehicles to run once per month. It's cheap to run since you can book one session at a time, but it's also short so you get little seat time per dollar. Definitely worth checking out if you have never been before though.

https://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/racing/drifting/

OP
OP

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check out these guys. They run at different locations across SoCal. Got 2 events scheduled this month. I haven't run with them before, but I know some guys that do and hear nothing but good things.

https://www.corner-exit.com/

There is also Adams Motorsports Park in Riverside. It is a kart track they allow full size vehicles to run once per month. It's cheap to run since you can book one session at a time, but it's also short so you get little seat time per dollar. Definitely worth checking out if you have never been before though.

https://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/racing/drifting/

Thank you! The Corner Exit group looks interesting.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
The Porsche one is pricey, but you don't have to work the course. Porsche owners don't get their hands dirty haha.
Hey now! I resemble that remark!;) Now BMW owners...that's totally true!!

Actually I tried to get the local PCA to restart doing Auto X and was told no-one was interested. So they trash their cars three times a year on the track but no to Auto X. Totally logical...

P.S.: I do my own basic maintenance on the CTR and the Pcar.

Try googling British car clubs. I would think there would be many Auto X's in the greater LA area.

OP
OP

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey now! I resemble that remark!;) Now BMW owners...that's totally true!!

Actually I tried to get the local PCA to restart doing Auto X and was told no-one was interested. So they trash their cars three times a year on the track but no to Auto X. Totally logical...

P.S.: I do my own basic maintenance on the CTR and the Pcar.

Try googling British car clubs. I would think there would be many Auto X's in the greater LA area.
Haha so does my brother. Never thought of British cars, that's a good idea.

OP
OP

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know you asked about Autocross, but just throwing this out there. I found the track experience to be more enjoyable.

https://www.socaldriversclub.com/

This club allows for all day racing, no groups. So you get plenty of seat time and the drivers are friendly and informative.
Cool thank you. I am a little wary of track days as I also daily this car. It wouldn't be a total disaster if I did something as I do have another car, but I'm not sure I am ready for the added stress. Autocross just seems a lot lower stakes. Know what I mean?

Also tracking tends to be more expensive right? Track insurance, tires, brakes, cooling mods etc.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Cool thank you. I am a little wary of track days as I also daily this car. It wouldn't be a total disaster if I did something as I do have another car, but I'm not sure I am ready for the added stress. Autocross just seems a lot lower stakes. Know what I mean?

Also tracking tends to be more expensive right? Track insurance, tires, brakes, cooling mods etc.
I'll be honest, it depends on the driver. When I went the first time I wasn't exactly pushing my car to the limit as I was getting a feel for the car itself. Once i got confident and learned the track that made me start to look at the weaknesses.

Outside of insurance, all the expensive items are dependent on you as a driver and how hard you drive the car. I say go once and see how you like it. I much preferred the track experience personally, but you never know till you experience it.

The car in stock form is plenty fun on a track before you will need to start digging into cooling mods etc. You're amount of hot laps will depend on your driving ability and temp of course. Some of the other FK8's will even take you for a ride along so you can see the net positive's of some of the mods you may be curious about as well. Just food for thought.
Sponsored