Well it happened today the type r is gone.

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Traded the type r for 44k and no tax on a new wrx. payment is half from my equity so it was a no brainer. The type r was a great car and will be missed. Hopefully with getting a premium wrx for 21k in a few years I can get a new r.

Honda Civic 10th gen Well it happened today the type r is gone. 20220525_132750

Honda Civic 10th gen Well it happened today the type r is gone. 20220525_161312

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
You opened the door for financial feedback (in this and your other thread)...

While I certainly understand that you are in a situation where cash flow is important, getting a new car and paying MSRP (or MSRP +$2k since your other thread stated you were going to be $19k OTD), is unlikely the way to a solid financial foundation. If you are in a situation where $300/month is enough to drive the sale of your car, then take the equity and buy an inexpensive car and avoid a payment, interest, less depreciation, etc. You are hoping that the WRX will retain a very high percentage of its initial cost or you will come out net less than either just keeping the CTR or buying an inexpensive car to get you through the rough patch.

I sold my CTR back in January so I get the 'opportunity' but it seems counterintuitive to try to help a financial situation by buying a new car that's less likely to hold its value and is priced <25% less than the one you have.

JonnySuicide

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
😱😫😭😭😭

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
You opened the door for financial feedback (in this and your other thread)...

While I certainly understand that you are in a situation where cash flow is important, getting a new car and paying MSRP (or MSRP +$2k since your other thread stated you were going to be $19k OTD), is unlikely the way to a solid financial foundation. If you are in a situation where $300/month is enough to drive the sale of your car, then take the equity and buy an inexpensive car and avoid a payment, interest, less depreciation, etc. You are hoping that the WRX will retain a very high percentage of its initial cost or you will come out net less than either just keeping the CTR or buying an inexpensive car to get you through the rough patch.

I sold my CTR back in January so I get the 'opportunity' but it seems counterintuitive to try to help a financial situation by buying a new car that's less likely to hold its value and is priced <25% less than the one you have.

5k used cars are 12k talk about wasting money,repairs...it's 21k because it's a premium not a base wrx.I kbb instant cash valued it with 1000 miles and it's 38k I owe 21k I'm in great shape. Wifey makes bank and didn't want our kids in a beater all is good.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Way better in the snow awd and more room 5 seats.other than that the type r is in another league.still a nice car 248whp quick but not fast.
Congrats on the purchase! I do like the red. Haters gonna hate, it's your car, your cash, your life. And 248hp is plenty for everyday street driving. Shoot... I'm satisfied with a tuned Sport Hatch with what 220hp maybe? Plenty of power to pass slow idiots in a flash. Enjoy!!

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Tuned or stock? My '21 made 237whp stock and 268whp tuned. I never really cared much for the WRX - I had it right before my CTR.. AWD is good in the rain & I didnt have to deal with wheel hop but in the snow good tires > anything else.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
As many of you know I had another thread this week.so long story short I shopped around after careful discussion with my wife.I purchased my 2021 type r last year and will be trading it in for 44k used.Im getting a 2022 premium wrx for msrp.so with my equity I'm getting a new car for only 19k!my car payment will ho from 575 per month to 297 per month.When I get back on my feet I will purchase a new generator type r.
5k used cars are 12k talk about wasting money,repairs...it's 21k because it's a premium not a base wrx.I kbb instant cash valued it with 1000 miles and it's 38k I owe 21k I'm in great shape. Wifey makes bank and didn't want our kids in a beater all is good.
Nothing wrong with getting a new car but when you are selling and inferring that the $278/month lower payment is material to you....but your wife makes bank and the new car is for your kids...

:doh:

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
The monthly payment is how dealership trick people in to doing bad deals imo.

OTD price is all you should be looking at.

Msrp 1500 in free accessories and 44k for my type r with a 3.4 Apr try doing better lol.34.5 msrp payed 33k so invoice in reality.

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Nothing wrong with getting a new car but when you are selling and inferring that the $278/month lower payment is material to you....but your wife makes bank and the new car is for your kids...

:doh:
Have a baby on the way need 5 seats not 4 tool bag.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Enjoy the new car but I think you reacted quickly / a bit emotionally before letting a bit of time pass and realizing you could have kept the R. I've had Subaru's and they are 'ok' but even my old modded STi doesn't drive / feel / handle etc. like the Type R does. Just special. I won't be parting with mine anytime soon, and hope you find your way back to one in the future as well.

Enjoy the Subaru, but I'm guessing you will be back at some point lol.

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Enjoy the new car but I think you reacted quickly / a bit emotionally before letting a bit of time pass and realizing you could have kept the R. I've had Subaru's and they are 'ok' but even my old modded STi doesn't drive / feel / handle etc. like the Type R does. Just special. I won't be parting with mine anytime soon, and hope you find your way back to one in the future as well.

Enjoy the Subaru, but I'm guessing you will be back at some point lol.
I have a 8 years old and 4 year old.with a baby due in December I really need the middle seat honestly. Hopefully the new r is 5 seats and I'll be back if I can get one for msrp.
Sponsored