Well, I'm knocking.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
We have to remember what Honda's are known for and what the old threads looked like... Best thing I've ever seen was a guy on an old civic thread said something along the lines of... To fill the oil properly put oil in the fill cap until you begin to see it come out of the fill cap. It's not the cars faults or the tuners, its very much user error.
Wasn't that because the old Honda engines burned oil like crazy. I believe it was a running inside joke for Honda owners back then.

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
Wasn't that because the old Honda engines burned oil like crazy. I believe it was a running inside joke for Honda owners back then.
I believe it was, I think my old integra was more of a 2 stroke than anything. The reason for my post was that there are always idiots in the car scene

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I believe it was, I think my old integra was more of a 2 stroke than anything. The reason for my post was that there are always idiots in the car scene
Oh haha, yeah. I'm sure there's someone who actually did that xD

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
If you're still toying with the idea, I think that you should do a GoFundMe campaign just for this. I'm sure that many SI owners here would donate $5-$10 to help subsidize the cost of buying the rods for comparison.
Haven't really been online a lot recently so I just saw this but I'm not really sure the Si guys would care as they already have the Si rod. I mainly want to see how the base rod compares to the Si rod. Aftermarket rods would be a better choice for sure but if that's not available and somebody needs to rebuild/upgrade an Si piston/rod swap could be a decent option I guess if there's no time to wait although I've heard of another company that might have an option soon. If they are in fact different lengths watch them only do it for the Si...

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't really been online a lot recently so I just saw this but I'm not really sure the Si guys would care as they already have the Si rod. I mainly want to see how the base rod compares to the Si rod. Aftermarket rods would be a better choice for sure but if that's not available and somebody needs to rebuild/upgrade an Si piston/rod swap could be a decent option I guess if there's no time to wait although I've heard of another company that might have an option soon. If they are in fact different lengths watch them only do it for the Si...
For what it's worth I provided my engine code to Brian Crower and they told me they (rods) are 6-7 weeks away (a week or so ago). Time will tell I suppose.

Chr1spy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates here? I saw someone in a Facebook group claiming they were running "Crower internals"..

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Well, I'm knocking. h-beam

Brian Crower Connecting Rods

BC6005 - Sportsman w/ARP2000 Fasteners

Made from premium, 4340 steel billet material, Brian Crower connecting rods are available in two distinct styles depending on horsepower, budget and engine application, but both include the exclusive Brian Crower oiling groove in the pin bushing for added oiling.

The bROD (Sportsman) Series is intended for moderate boost applications and all motor race applications where peak horsepower is not going to exceed 700 at the flywheel. Utilizes venerable ARP2000 fasteners.

The BC625+ Series rods are designed for high horsepower, high boost and extreme rpm applications where nothing but the best rod will do. Features include ARP’s premium Custom Age 625+ bolt rated to 280,000 p.s.i. for ultimate fastening capabilities as well as aluminum-bronze bushings to insure long, reliable service, no matter what the boost, nitrous or RPM.

Your Price: $450.88 (set of 4) http://www.allbuiltperformance.com/brian-crower/brian-crower-connecting-rods/bc6005/i-566246.aspx

Brian Crower SPORTSMAN CONNECTING RODS

Although the name implies that the Sportsman is a 2nd tier part, the Sportsman incorporates every feature of the premier BC625+ rod, only that the fasteners have been changed to the more economical, yet venerable ARP2000 bolt, rated to 220,000 p.s.i. The Sportsman is rated in excess of 200HP per cylinder and priced for the everyday performance buff.

BC6005 http://www.briancrower.com/makes/honda/honda_misc.shtml

Last edited:

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback 2019 Ford Ranger S-crew
Country flag
Sgt Staadanko sorry if I didn't read every single post made here but reading about your issues here...up in Canada you folks have full coverage insurance right?
IF the dealer did establish that you got water into your intake somehow...and since this IS an environmental issue and most if not all environmental issues are covered by insurance, wouldn't it be a bit easier to claim this on your full coverage if that is possible?

I know down here I have Geico and they actually offer with full coverage and new autos a bumper to bumper warranty as well for 2 dollars extra on our coverage that is similar to what Honda offers for ext warranty.

Regardless I'd keep all your receipts and possibly you may get some of your hard earned loonies back.
D

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic 1.5T Sport Hatch MT
Vehicle Showcase
Sgt Staadanko sorry if I didn't read every single post made here but reading about your issues here...up in Canada you folks have full coverage insurance right?
IF the dealer did establish that you got water into your intake somehow...and since this IS an environmental issue and most if not all environmental issues are covered by insurance, wouldn't it be a bit easier to claim this on your full coverage if that is possible?

I know down here I have Geico and they actually offer with full coverage and new autos a bumper to bumper warranty as well for 2 dollars extra on our coverage that is similar to what Honda offers for ext warranty.

Regardless I'd keep all your receipts and possibly you may get some of your hard earned loonies back.
D
That’s a great idea for the lad but we don’t know his situation with insurance. And unfortunately insurances here in Canada are just as corrupt as the dealer. Reagardless he pays to have it fixed or he pays a higher insurance premium due to the claim.

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic 1.5T Sport Hatch MT
Vehicle Showcase
h-beam.jpg

Brian Crower Connecting Rods

BC6005 - Sportsman w/ARP2000 Fasteners

Made from premium, 4340 steel billet material, Brian Crower connecting rods are available in two distinct styles depending on horsepower, budget and engine application, but both include the exclusive Brian Crower oiling groove in the pin bushing for added oiling.

The bROD (Sportsman) Series is intended for moderate boost applications and all motor race applications where peak horsepower is not going to exceed 700 at the flywheel. Utilizes venerable ARP2000 fasteners.

The BC625+ Series rods are designed for high horsepower, high boost and extreme rpm applications where nothing but the best rod will do. Features include ARP’s premium Custom Age 625+ bolt rated to 280,000 p.s.i. for ultimate fastening capabilities as well as aluminum-bronze bushings to insure long, reliable service, no matter what the boost, nitrous or RPM.

Your Price: $450.88 (set of 4) http://www.allbuiltperformance.com/brian-crower/brian-crower-connecting-rods/bc6005/i-566246.aspx

Brian Crower SPORTSMAN CONNECTING RODS

Although the name implies that the Sportsman is a 2nd tier part, the Sportsman incorporates every feature of the premier BC625+ rod, only that the fasteners have been changed to the more economical, yet venerable ARP2000 bolt, rated to 220,000 p.s.i. The Sportsman is rated in excess of 200HP per cylinder and priced for the everyday performance buff.

BC6005 http://www.briancrower.com/makes/honda/honda_misc.shtml
I wonder if these would even work. I think the L15 in a fit is a little different then the L15 in the civic. But I could definitely be wrong.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport HB
OP Whaaaa happen? I too and am in the great white. Wondering if Honda took care of you or not?

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP Whaaaa happen? I too and am in the great white. Wondering if Honda took care of you or not?
Not yet. Going through the CAMVAP program. It's a free arbitration service provided by the federal government between customers and manufacturers. As of this moment I'm 3500 out of pocket to get her back on the road. Not bad considering that was a whole "new" (6000km) engine installed.
Sponsored