Well, I'm knocking.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does overboosted mean that 27 psi is too high to be safe?
It's just a CEL that gets thrown and the car goes into limp mode if you make higher boost than what the ECU is told to make. There's a table you need to adjust in the programmer to not have the car go into limp mode.
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It's just a CEL that gets thrown and the car goes into limp mode if you make higher boost than what the ECU is told to make. There's a table you need to adjust in the programmer to not have the car go into limp mode.
Do you think that your 27 psi tune caused the engine issues? I'm excited about the prospect of running big power on aftermarket parts, but it's beginning to seem like such a setup would be less and less reliable

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
That noise sure doesn't sound like spark knock. And you wouldn't have spark knock unloaded, at idle or free revving.

That sure sounds like a spun rod bearing beating itself into submission. Most rod bearing failures are a result of inadequate lubrication.

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think that your 27 psi tune caused the engine issues? I'm excited about the prospect of running big power on aftermarket parts, but it's beginning to seem like such a setup would be less and less reliable
Well I definitely don't think it helped hahaha.

That noise sure doesn't sound like spark knock. And you wouldn't have spark knock unloaded, at idle or free revving.

That sure sounds like a spun rod bearing beating itself into submission. Most rod bearing failures are a result of inadequate lubrication.
I definitely agree. The inadequate lubrication, which I've also read elsewhere to be the main cause, strikes me as odd though, I had an oil change done less than 3000km ago. No low oil warnings ever came up in the car either.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
The inadequate lubrication, which I've also read elsewhere to be the main cause, strikes me as odd though, I had an oil change done less than 3000km ago. No low oil warnings ever came up in the car either.
Was it Honda 0W-20 oil changed at the dealer? How is your oil level now? What total mileage are you at?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You running ethanol or flex fuel kit? What octane? 87 or 93? You knock control at 100 makes me womder

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You running ethanol or flex fuel kit? What octane? 87 or 93? You knock control at 100 makes me womder
No ethanol or flex. 91 mostly, 94 when it's available. I did some reading and the knock sensor won't pick up rod knock in most cases. But the knock control at 100 is still suspect.

Was it Honda 0W-20 oil changed at the dealer? How is your oil level now? What total mileage are you at?
No, it was pennzoil 0-20 I believe changed at jiffy lube. Haven't checked the oil level yet, it's cold and dark out haha. That's first on my list of to do's in the morning. I'm around 55000km or 35000miles

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No ethanol or flex. 91 mostly, 94 when it's available. I did some reading and the knock sensor won't pick up rod knock in most cases. But the knock control at 100 is still suspect.

No, it was pennzoil 0-20 I believe changed at jiffy lube. Haven't checked the oil level yet, it's cold and dark out haha. That's first on my list of to do's in the morning. I'm around 55000km or 35000miles
I hope Canadian Jiffy Lube is a LOT more dependable than American Jiffy Lube.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
Is your car a manual or auto? Sorry, not familiar with the upper level trims.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Is your engine completely cooled down? Run outside and check your oil level now! This cannot wait.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag

A spun bearing or rod knock could cause the knock control to go up. The knock sensor reads knock by vibration of a certain hz or something like that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A spun bearing or rod knock could cause the knock control to go up. The knock sensor reads knock by vibration of a certain hz or something like that.
I saw my kcontrol on flashpro over 100.

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is your engine completely cooled down? Run outside and check your oil level now! This cannot wait.
Checked it first thing this morning. Oil level was high if anything. Sorry didn't get a shot of the dips tick. Here's the oil I wiped off, I've been staring at it under a light for about 10 mins and I'm struggling to see any metallic particles.

Is your car a manual or auto? Sorry, not familiar with the upper level trims.
Auto.

Honda Civic 10th gen Well, I'm knocking. 20180110_061254_HDR
Sponsored