Well, I'm knocking.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
15 pages in and this wasn't revealed yet?
Ya no shit this is probably the most relevant yet unknown fact in this whole thread.

OP seriously please share who wrote your rod bending tune ..
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Well regardless we need to know. Another shop could do it for less. They are raping you.
a independent shop would be half as cheap. whats screwing him over is the diagnostic charge of 6hrs. I would say the price is fair for a dealership

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
What's kind of scary is you and another guy who posted in that thread you linked now have blown motors. Maybe 24psi without a pro tune from an expert like Vit is just too much to safely run on these motors?
Isn't the OP of that thread running that tune? Maybe they made further modifications.

Also, one of them was a manual using a tune for CVT.. I don't know if that has any bearing on the result though.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Isn't the OP of that thread running that tune? Maybe they made further modifications.

Also, one of them was a manual using a tune for CVT.. I don't know if that has any bearing on the result though.
yep, OP of that thread is in this thread. And Peter (the guy in that thread with the MT) has done so much to his who knows what sent his motor to the moon.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thread is suddenly deleted?? Looks like Hondata is shitting their pants.
Not sure what to make of this. Did Hondata force the moderators to close that thread or what? If you ask me, that was an important thread to discuss and figure out the safe limits of tuning. Hmmmmm....
Where's Hondata when you need them? :popcorn:

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
If they are deleting posts to hide stuff I would be done with any web site. If they are deleting posts to prevent others from having issues it is understandable. Either way they should post and clarify. Not cool... Not cool.

Edit: thank God they weren't removing posts, I spend hours on this site everyday and would probably be so bored without it I would have to grow out my hair and join a cult to fill the void.

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Not sure what to make of this. Did Hondata force the moderators to close that thread or what? If you ask me, that was an important thread to discuss and figure out the safe limits of tuning. Hmmmmm....
Where's Hondata when you need them? :popcorn:
Hondata did not force anyone have to do anything. The thread has nothing to do with Hondata. It was a guide from me on how to run more boost. All it was was just raising the boost table and TQ limit table
It was my decision on to get the post temporary hidden. I want to find out what's going on first. Was it because 24 psi was too much(someone broke at 21psi with ktuner), fuel dilution, bad bearing etc etc. Also what's the chance of all of them breaking all within the same week. Did weather have a role in this?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:doh:

The old thread was removed because the poster thought it may be unwise for users to modify tunes beyond the base maps unless they know what they are doing. Obviously such modification is done "at your own risk" but some people take that more seriously than others. Until we find out more about why we've seen a few of these motors fail, I think it may be wise to lean towards "better safe than sorry".

For those that are already starting conspiracy theories, Hondata had nothing to do with it. It's not like Hondata is the only tuning system that has seen engine failures. Both 1.5T ECU calibration tools are equally capable of making engines go boom in the hands of someone that may or may not really know what they are doing. Most of us have no idea what the true limits of these engines are, tearing them up is how we find out.

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
:doh:

The old thread was removed because the poster thought it may be unwise for users to modify tunes beyond the base maps unless they know what they are doing. Obviously such modification is done "at your own risk" but some people take that more seriously than others. Until we find out more about why we've seen a few of these motors fail, I think it may be wise to lean towards "better safe than sorry"....
Good on ya. Thanks for posting. Yes it is people's choice to modify tunes by hand and hopefully they understand the risks involved. The thread in question clearly stated that you need to watch parameters when using his guide.
Sponsored