Well, I'm knocking.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So running the Ktuner starter 18 with the quick adjustments at say, Improved II would give me better driveability without the risk?
yes sir. They dont mess with factory knock control at all. So you keep the stock or a slight up in boost and change to early spool, part throttle and the like to improved II or Aggressive II. the quick adjustments make all the difference in the world for just driving around town and have the car drive like it should have from the factory. And if you are CVT it really helps it drive better when giving it full throttle. dare I say, adds a little excitement to an otherwise completely uninspiring transmission
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
And if you are CVT it really helps it drive better when giving it full throttle. dare I say, adds a little excitement to an otherwise completely uninspiring transmission
The one area that I just hate about the CVT is the lag that you get in certain situations. In normal driving it does it's job. It's boring but ok. But, yesterday when someone cut me off I tried to quickly veer around them and when I stomped on the throttle... nothing happened at first and then it took off. Kind of dicey. Hopefully those quick adjustments will improve that kind of thing. I'm not worried about ultimate power but a little more would be nice.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one area that I just hate about the CVT is the lag that you get in certain situations. In normal driving it does it's job. It's boring but ok. But, yesterday when someone cut me off I tried to quickly veer around them and when I stomped on the throttle... nothing happened at first and then it took off. Kind of dicey. Hopefully those quick adjustments will improve that kind of thing. I'm not worried about ultimate power but a little more would be nice.
yep, improving throttle response and turbo spool really helps that "laggy" feel the CVT can have stock. read here about each adjustment and you will see what Im talking about. Its amazing. Let me know if you have any questions http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/quick_adjustments.htm?ms=AikAEAggIA==&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You could also try dropping the CVT down to the S gear. Thats what I do and noticed a bit better response. In fact I mostly drive in S expect when on the freeway. I'll use S to get on the freeway, but then switch to D when I hit around 70mph.

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Base maps are starting Points. Always go with a custom tune via reputable tuner.
For example I purchased the vit tune dual boost set up "Stage 1" your saying longevity may be a better option running a stage one vit tune map vs ktuner map

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For example I purchased the vit tune dual boost set up "Stage 1" your saying longevity may be a better option running a stage one vit tune map vs ktuner map
vit helped develop the ktuner maps. Vit Stage 1 offers a few more tweaks for people who buy from him.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Vits stage maps are much better then the base maps you get with the unit. But even vits custom tune will out due the stage maps. For my personal car, I always will do the custom tune.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Latest update, they claim to have found water in the oil, which is unlikely because I checked the dipstick several times just after running the engine and there was no evidence of emulsification. I have pictures of the oil earlier in this thread, there's no emulsification there either. They've also dropped the CAI issue, they are now saying that the stock intake was only on hand tight, which I know is a lie because I reinstalled it. Regardless my car would have to have been immersed in water up to the "loose" intake. The entire intake track would be filled with water and they've already admitted they found water nowhere else in the engine. They're going to try anything to avoid the fix it seems.
Did they offer to fix it if so how much?

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Vits stage maps are much better then the base maps you get with the unit. But even vits custom tune will out due the stage maps. For my personal car, I always will do the custom tune.

Has anyone ran data logs to see the differences?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Just changed mine at 40% If you are running a tune I wouldnt trust the gauges IMO
They gave me the sample I asked for when they changed mine today so I'm sending it in for an analysis to see how it faired over about 4k miles or so.

Has anyone ran data logs to see the differences?
I have some from the stage 2 as well as a custom tune from him. I don't remember details on timing and boost and what the resulting fuel trims were off hand but as far as power I remember that it was like 7hp and 18lb.ft or something like that from stg.2 to custom.

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did they offer to fix it if so how much?
Sourced my own engine for 1500$ cdn, the only positive so far is the new motor only has 6000km on it, they quoted 9 hours for install and 6 hours for diagnostic. So close to 2000$ for labor. All in all not as bad as I thought, but still not good. I'm going this route because fighting the warranty claim through the proper channels can take months and I need a car.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Sourced my own engine for 1500$ cdn, the only positive so far is the new motor only has 6000km on it, they quoted 9 hours for install and 6 hours for diagnostic. So close to 2000$ for labor. All in all not as bad as I thought, but still not good. I'm going this route because fighting the warranty claim through the proper channels can take months and I need a car.
That's not bad at all for a dealer . Well good luck with it!

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So just to understand this right. They haven’t found any signs of a tune, but they are blaming you that you somehow got water into the engine. Denying the warranty because of that, without any better details or proof? =S

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So just to understand this right. They haven’t found any signs of a tune, but they are blaming you that you somehow got water into the engine. Denying the warranty because of that, without any better details or proof? =S
That's exactly what's happening.
Sponsored