TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Nice! Did you get the shift knob and the carbon wing as part of the deal, or were they already on the car?

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! Looks great with the red cf accents.

OP
OP

Ellenswamy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice! Did you get the shift knob and the carbon wing as part of the deal, or were they already on the car?
The shift knob I wanted so I got that, the carbon fiber kit was forced on me by the dealer. Includes the inside also

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Enjoy it's a great car - if you don't like those bits ask the dealer if they have the original parts - honestly it looks like vinyl wrap potentially so you may get lucky if you want to remove. Welcome to the club!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Enjoy it's a great car - if you don't like those bits ask the dealer if they have the original parts - honestly it looks like vinyl wrap potentially so you may get lucky if you want to remove. Welcome to the club!
Besides the wing and hood scoop, I think all the interior stuff is stuck on using double side tape.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The shift knob I wanted so I got that, the carbon fiber kit was forced on me by the dealer. Includes the inside also
The accessory shift knob is nice, though I found it too light for my tastes. But it does help with adding a bit of mechanical feel to the shifter which is always a huge plus. Congrats on the car!

OP
OP

Ellenswamy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I like the way it looks. None of it is vinyl wrap, I requested all of the original parts. The inside parts actually come off and get replaced, same with everything on the outside. The only part that is stick on is the carbon fiber piece next to the shift knob

OP
OP

Ellenswamy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
The accessory shift knob is nice, though I found it too light for my tastes. But it does help with adding a bit of mechanical feel to the shifter which is always a huge plus. Congrats on the car!
Yea it is pretty light, I have never driven with the stick shift knob, I have it in a box. The red one feels good though, my main concern with the stock one was the heat in the summer. Figured the leather would help just a little and I also like how it looks a lot more haha

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The stock knob is good, but it does get very cold (and I suppose hot, but up here the former is more of an issue than the latter!).

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yea it is pretty light, I have never driven with the stick shift knob, I have it in a box. The red one feels good though, my main concern with the stock one was the heat in the summer. Figured the leather would help just a little and I also like how it looks a lot more haha
I did this to my OEM shift knob to address that issue. But yes, it does get very hot.

Honda Civic 10th gen Welcome home! DSC08973

The stock knob is good, but it does get very cold (and I suppose hot, but up here the former is more of an issue than the latter!).

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did this to my OEM shift knob to address that issue. But yes, it does get very hot.

DSC08973.jpg
How did you do this? I am not, ahem, handy with tools or leather working myself.

ChanChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Seen them several times in person and these red carbons are beautiful, congrats OP!
Sponsored