NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was washing my car today when I noticed an extra stubborn bump. I hit it with some extra soap and elbow grease, and to my surprise, the bump smeared what looked like Sharpie ink all over my side skirt.

After drying my car, I hit the smear with some acetone then quick detailer. It got rid of all the ink, but I noticed the spot of the bump left this little dark brown mark. When I run my finger across it, it's smooth -- there's no bump, or scratch, or any sort of texture. I tried a little bit of polishing compound, but the stain remains.

Anybody have any clue what might have stuck onto my paint and left a stain? What would be the easiest way to correct this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Weird stain under the paint? thumbnail_20200604_172311
Sponsored

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I was washing my car today when I noticed an extra stubborn bump. I hit it with some extra soap and elbow grease, and to my surprise, the bump smeared what looked like Sharpie ink all over my side skirt.

After drying my car, I hit the smear with some acetone then quick detailer. It got rid of all the ink, but I noticed the spot of the bump left this little dark brown mark. When I run my finger across it, it's smooth -- there's no bump, or scratch, or any sort of texture. I tried a little bit of polishing compound, but the stain remains.

Anybody have any clue what might have stuck onto my paint and left a stain? What would be the easiest way to correct this?

thumbnail_20200604_172311.jpg

i think its one of those insects poop