fallenrevo13

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Recently bought a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T and have been enjoying it. However, there is 1 weird issue that keeps popping up with the smart unlock. So if I walk up and grab the driver door handle the door will unlock like it should. However, when I press the unlock button on the door, the rear passenger door will not unlock no matter how many times I press the button on the drivers door. I can hear the fuel door unlock but not the rear passenger door. Pressing the unlock on the key fob also does not unlock the door. If I close the driver door, lock the car, and then unlock with the fob, all the doors will unlock.

Am I just missing something? I thought about changing the option to unlock all doors with the smart unlock but didn't think that should be necessary to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Isn't there a setting on the infotainment to keep certain doors locked even when that button is pushed? Or maybe a child lock?

OP
OP

fallenrevo13

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
So that's what I did to kind of get around it. You can change the setting to unlock all doors. I just thought it was weird that having it set to just the driver door and pressing the unlock button would not unlock the other doors.
Sponsored