Weird non-removable stains on black paint

tungstenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
So just bought a new used Civic a few weeks ago and while two days ago my rear bumper cover looked fine, today I noticed some stains that I can't wipe off on the left rear bumper cover on and near the fake grille. They look like spots like someone spilled a liquid, but only on the panel that holds the fake grille, not on the surrounding panels (see pic). Any idea what this is from? There is construction going on in my apartment, so I'm suspecting someone spilled something, though it's weird how the staining is selective on where it is.

Honda Civic 10th gen Weird non-removable stains on black paint DSC_0464.JPG
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
What have you tried cleaning it with?

OP
OP

tungstenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
Just water & soap, and vinegar

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It looks like a sealant type of spray was sprayed on the car and didn't get wiped off. hard to tell

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
That looks like chemicals peeled the clear off. Try polishing compound if it doesn’t shine from that it’s probably ruined paint. Using bug and tar removers and other chemicals can cause that. The dealer may have hid it using tire shine to blacken the color. It’s clearly some type of chemical.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So just bought a new used Civic a few weeks ago and while two days ago my rear bumper cover looked fine, today I noticed some stains that I can't wipe off on the left rear bumper cover on and near the fake grille. They look like spots like someone spilled a liquid, but only on the panel that holds the fake grille, not on the surrounding panels (see pic). Any idea what this is from? There is construction going on in my apartment, so I'm suspecting someone spilled something, though it's weird how the staining is selective on where it is.

DSC_0464.JPG
and if nothing else works that piece happens to be replaceable.. that's what were talking about here:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/updated-front-rear-bumper-garnish.52674/

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
Looks like peeling clearcoat. Those shady dealers probably put some kind of wax to hide it like above poster mentioned, and now it dried up.

OP
OP

tungstenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
So I should also add my parking spot is next to the car wash in my apartment complex - so possibly some silicone spray or something. It's only staining the middle chunk of molding (the one that's plastic), not the fiberglass bumper cover w/ proper paint & clear coat on it.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
When it comes to paint I mostly always say the same thing.

1- clay it
2- iron remover it
3- polish it.

If this doesn’t work then you need to replace it
Sponsored