Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Like the title says i get this clicking type noise comming from under the hood. I put my go pro under there to grab this video of the noise please listen all the way through. Then you can hear it only happends at those rpms its crazy.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Like the title says i get this clicking type noise comming from under the hood. I put my go pro under there to grab this video of the noise please listen all the way through. Then you can hear it only happends at those rpms its crazy.

Wow, never heard that before. But I would guess that the valve lash needs to be adjusted.

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Wow, never heard that before. But I would guess that the valve lash needs to be adjusted.
it doesnt do it at any other rpm except for if i go for a long drive then park for like an hour then drive away then in first gear as soon as i start going i get a click that sounds like the one in the video but does it at like 2000rpms that is when i know it will make thie noise in the video when i hear the click as soon as i start driving. Weird I figured whatever it is will break soon i guess i will know what it was then lol I cant belive no one else can help? Someone must have had this noise

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
it doesnt do it at any other rpm except for if i go for a long drive then park for like an hour then drive away then in first gear as soon as i start going i get a click that sounds like the one in the video but does it at like 2000rpms that is when i know it will make thie noise in the video when i hear the click as soon as i start driving. Weird I figured whatever it is will break soon i guess i will know what it was then lol I cant belive no one else can help? Someone must have had this noise
I'm not exactly sure but it could be the transmission shift cable. There's a metal bracket that vibrates because it's not entirely secured apparently and it could possibly be the culprit of that sound. It only happens at certain rpms for me as well. If you can also hear that noise in the interior of the vehicle and it sounds kid of like rattling that might be it.

I made a post about it on another forum, I'll link it here just in case it might be of any help, it has videos, pictures, and an explanation of another civic forum member diagnosing and describing the problem. He also says how to fix it but I'm too lazy to get under the car until I have to change the oil in about 4 months. I'll update if the transmission shift cable was the source of the sound.

https://carkiller.com/scottykilmer/...-issue-for-10th-gen-civic-owners/#post-228254

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm not exactly sure but it could be the transmission shift cable. There's a metal bracket that vibrates because it's not entirely secured apparently and it could possibly be the culprit of that sound. It only happens at certain rpms for me as well. If you can also hear that noise in the interior of the vehicle and it sounds kid of like rattling that might be it.

I made a post about it on another forum, I'll link it here just in case it might be of any help, it has videos, pictures, and an explanation of another civic forum member diagnosing and describing the problem. He also says how to fix it but I'm too lazy to get under the car until I have to change the oil in about 4 months. I'll update if the transmission shift cable was the source of the sound.

https://carkiller.com/scottykilmer/...-issue-for-10th-gen-civic-owners/#post-228254
Thank you i will check it out. I am leaning towards the clutch. I have the act streetlight flywheel and clutch and like i said the noise is from 3700-3900 rpm up and down the rpm range but if i press in the clutch at 4000 and let it idle down it does not make the noise. It also only happends on the first few min or driving. Cold or warm does not matter. also when it is going to make the noise if i take off aggressively i can hear a chirp/click (Same noise but just once quick) at whatever rpm it is at when i put my foot down and then the noise at the 3600-3900 comes. But after a little bit it stops doing it until i stop shut the car off for a few and then drive again and it will be back. Sorry for the long post but this is as much info as i collected. The clutch holds the power pherable ethanol tune e35 prl flex prl cobra race maf high volume dp/fp into stock exhaust mishi intercooler & pipes rolling on 18lb wheels with sticky summers no issues

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag

I will check this as well thanks

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
Thank you i will check it out. I am leaning towards the clutch. I have the act streetlight flywheel and clutch and like i said the noise is from 3700-3900 rpm up and down the rpm range but if i press in the clutch at 4000 and let it idle down it does not make the noise. It also only happends on the first few min or driving. Cold or warm does not matter. also when it is going to make the noise if i take off aggressively i can hear a chirp/click (Same noise but just once quick) at whatever rpm it is at when i put my foot down and then the noise at the 3600-3900 comes. But after a little bit it stops doing it until i stop shut the car off for a few and then drive again and it will be back. Sorry for the long post but this is as much info as i collected. The clutch holds the power pherable ethanol tune e35 prl flex prl cobra race maf high volume dp/fp into stock exhaust mishi intercooler & pipes rolling on 18lb wheels with sticky summers no issues
Thanks for sharing all the info you've collected, I hope you can get it solved and fixed. Good luck! :thumbsup:

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
That sounds like resonance is causing something loose to rattle against its mount.

Does it do it when the car is stopped and just revved up to the same RPM? If so, I'd get someone to do that while you just get in there with your hand on things to see if you can muffle it.

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
That sounds like resonance is causing something loose to rattle against its mount.

Does it do it when the car is stopped and just revved up to the same RPM? If so, I'd get someone to do that while you just get in there with your hand on things to see if you can muffle it.
no it does not but it also makes it with clutch in sometimes. I am going to drop the tranny this week and check the act clutch for damage/faulty hardware. I just recived my rv6 retro with stage 0 clutch kit so if i have to replace it i will.

OP
OP
Ronny2019

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Update on this noise after much searching for the noise i finally fornd it. The prl front pipe is making a noise like there is 2 pipes in one and they are loose see video unbelevible almost 4 months of trying to find this noise and it was the front pipe all along i hope they honor the warranty Crazy