danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ok I know this has probably been posted a ton of times and I have read threads about A/C noise issues, but I just want to get to the bottom of it. So I bought a used 2019 Si Sedan from a dealership about 2 months ago and I've noticed that when the A/C is turned on and when I put the car in neutral and the rev's start to drop I hear a weird humming noise from like 2500 RPM down to 700 RPM. It almost sounds like an electrical interference sound and its only when my A/C is on. Any ideas and is it worth taking to the dealership to get looked at?
Sponsored

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Ok I know this has probably been posted a ton of times and I have read threads about A/C noise issues, but I just want to get to the bottom of it. So I bought a used 2019 Si Sedan from a dealership about 2 months ago and I've noticed that when the A/C is turned on and when I put the car in neutral and the rev's start to drop I hear a weird humming noise from like 2500 RPM down to 700 RPM. It almost sounds like an electrical interference sound and its only when my A/C is on. Any ideas and is it worth taking to the dealership to get looked at?
Does it sound like a dry leaf rattling around in the air ducts?

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you can replicate the issue I would take it to the dealership and have them look at it.

Your issue sounds like the ones in the below threads:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/ac-whistle-noise-2000-2700-rpm-the-answer.35052/

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ling-lets-sum-all-the-information-pals.28609/
Yea it's weird cause it says the 2019 models and up got it fixed but mine is a 2019....that issue sound similar to mine though with the whistle....do you think the dealership would void my warranty since I have an aftermarket intake? That's the only mod I have.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Yea it's weird cause it says the 2019 models and up got it fixed but mine is a 2019....that issue sound similar to mine though with the whistle....do you think the dealership would void my warranty since I have an aftermarket intake? That's the only mod I have.
Someone in the linked thread mentioned they have the whistling issue on their new Civic so I have no clue if it's really fixed or not with 2019+.

In the US they can't void/deny warranty coverage unless the modification caused the problem(s). In Canada you have the Consumer Protection Acts and it sounds like it gives you the same protection? I doubt your warranty will get voided but you should do more research to protect yourself.

If you can easily swap the intake back to stock I would do that because I'm paranoid. Keep in mind the dealership may say everything is normal and they found no problem. In which case you swapped the intake for nothing and you'll have to wait for the AC to blow warm like what happened with me. Mine had the whistling sound with AC on even just idling.

Just to be thorough, the sound isn't related to the intake right?
Sponsored