Weird hissing sound in cabin when building pressure? (fk7)

kanyeasasda

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I drive a 2018 honda civic sport touring hatchback. I don't know what recently caused this, but every time I drive and build pressure I get this weird hissing/air leak sound coming from right behind the glove compartment box. It's linked to the turbo pressure as the sound becomes more obvious and loud when I create more boost pressure. I know what turbo spooling sounds like, and this is not it. This sound isn't normal and I test drove a few other friends' fk7 hatches and none of them have this issue. I'm not sure if this is a boost leak but I don't really notice any sort of loss of boost pressure or power. I was tuned for a little bit with 1.5r phearable but only for a month or so as I valued gas mileage more. My car is relatively close to stock so I don't know what could be causing this. From visual inspection of my engine it looks completely fine.

Mod LIst:
prl catted downpipe
borla s type exhaust
ktuner v2 (stock tune (plus p3108/9 and p0420 disabled for downpipe) atm)
38k Miles
Sponsored

JacobyFK7

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Did you ever figure this out? Having this exact issue with my fk7 too throttle feels normal no drop in power just a hissing behind the glove box

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Could this be AC noise? My car makes a hiss noise as the refrigerant moves through the expansion valve.

JacobyFK7

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Could this be AC noise? My car makes a hiss noise as the refrigerant moves through the expansion valve.
I checked for that I ran the car to 2-3k rpm ac off still same hissing though revved the car in Neutral to see if it’s a exhaust leak just in case and nothing all I can think of now is a boost leak somewhere or a vacuum leak

First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the same problem after they told me it's normal but I know it's not. I'm currently going back and fort through them, I'll keep you updated as soon as I get answers

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Any updates? My 2017 hatchback sport is making the same noise in the same area.
Sponsored