mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I just noticed this. It might be normal but just never realized it before. I was going 65 mph down the street and had my cruise control set. But I was about to turn so I pushed the clutch in only. I did not apply the brake, just the clutch. But the rpm’s kinda sat there for like 5 seconds before they started to come down. So I tried it again and it did the exact same thing. But if I apply the clutch and brake the rpm’s fall immediately. Is this normal? I was wondering if somebody could try this on their manual 2.0NA and see if it acts the same
Sponsored

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Normal, it allows you to shift smoothly while cruising.
Thank you. I’ve never heard of a car having that. That’s pretty cool

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I noticed the rev hang immediately after I bought the car, and you're just now seeing it?

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed the rev hang immediately after I bought the car, and you're just now seeing it?
No I am referring to the cruise control. It keeps the rpms steady so you can downshift and pass without disengaging your cruise control. I didn’t realize that is what it’s supposed to do. It’s actually a pretty cool feature

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No I am referring to the cruise control. It keeps the rpms steady so you can downshift and pass without disengaging your cruise control. I didn’t realize that is what it’s supposed to do. It’s actually a pretty cool feature
Are you sure it's related to the cruise control though? Because it has rev hang during normal driving too.

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you sure it's related to the cruise control though? Because it has rev hang during normal driving too.
Yeah it’s just for the cruise control. Supposedly it’s in the manual explaining how it works. It’s a feature so you don’t have to keep re-engaging the cruise control every time you push in the clutch. If you have your cruise set and push in the clutch you will see the rpm’s don’t fall and cruise stays engaged for like five seconds. But if you push the clutch and hit the brake it immediately disengages and rpm’s fall

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah it’s just for the cruise control. Supposedly it’s in the manual explaining how it works. It’s a feature so you don’t have to keep re-engaging the cruise control every time you push in the clutch. If you have your cruise set and push in the clutch you will see the rpm’s don’t fall and cruise stays engaged for like five seconds. But if you push the clutch and hit the brake it immediately disengages and rpm’s fall
If you hold the clutch in for too long it will turn off cruise also. In my crz pushing in the clutch never turned off cruise control so I don't see how the rev hang relates to it.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
If you hold the clutch in for too long it will turn off cruise also. In my crz pushing in the clutch never turned off cruise control so I don't see how the rev hang relates to it.
Yeah rev hang isn't really the proper term here. OP is describing a feature that allows you to shift when cruise control is on. While the revs do "hang", that is not really what "rev hang" refers to when most use the term.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah rev hang isn't really the proper term here. OP is describing a feature that allows you to shift when cruise control is on. While the revs do "hang", that is not really what "rev hang" refers to when most use the term.
So is the cruise control rev hang there to allow shifting without depressing the clutch or is it doing something?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So played with it after work and found its more like a rev hold. It'll keep that rpm until you let off the clutch or it times out and cancels cruise. I guess it's more efficient

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So played with it after work and found its more like a rev hold. It'll keep that rpm until you let off the clutch or it times out and cancels cruise. I guess it's more efficient
Same here.

OP
OP
mvela

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I’m sorry rev hang was maybe not the best terms to use. I meant that when you push the clutch the rpm’s just stay in the same position. It does not relate to the rev hang that some people experience when shifting gears. But at least I know that it’s normal now
Sponsored