joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si coupe e38 bmw toyota fj60 triumph tr6 and 2 more
Country flag
today it was in the high to low 80s and very humid over the course of my commute home and my AC sucked! I had it turned so far down the numbers changed to Lo. Confirmed when I moved my wife's car (VW passat) from the driveway to get mine in the garage and instantly was blasted w/ice cold air. Anyone else have theirs start to fail after only 20k? Almost forgot the other day Crazy cold air was coming out of the center right side vent to the point I could see it like an open freezer...it stopped or i stopped it not sure as it did not seem like a big deal at the time...hard to tell if it was a coincidence (haven't really needed icey ac) since this has been a mild summer here.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Had a heat index of 104 here today and it had no problem. I always hit the auto button but then have to decrease the fan speed after a few minutes because it starts getting too cold. 5k miles on my 2020.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
today it was in the high to low 80s and very humid over the course of my commute home and my AC sucked! I had it turned so far down the numbers changed to Lo. Confirmed when I moved my wife's car (VW passat) from the driveway to get mine in the garage and instantly was blasted w/ice cold air. Anyone else have theirs start to fail after only 20k? Almost forgot the other day Crazy cold air was coming out of the center right side vent to the point I could see it like an open freezer...it stopped or i stopped it not sure as it did not seem like a big deal at the time...hard to tell if it was a coincidence since this has been a mild summer here.
I saw someone post here that his Type R’s A/C failed at 4000 miles.

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just got my car with 24k on it, and I feel like the AC could be colder too. Which worries me because im coming from a beater that didnt have ac lol. I think i've heard of others having the same issue and the a/cs are known to be shitty. I wonder if an a/c recharge would work or if it's the condenser itself. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
dude that is crazy!!!! mine did exactly that...what???
Get an appointment with your dealership service department ASAP. Do not run your A/C at all until then. You don’t want to damage your compressor by running it with low refrigerant.

Good time to utilize the open all windows trick with your key fob when you walk to your car. You’ll need them open.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's alarmingly common in '16s-'18s. Been one of the most consistent complaints here.

OP
OP
joecat66

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my 2000 bmw e38 did that trick our cars do it? sunroof opened as well in the bimmer

OP
OP
joecat66

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ah double tap..mine was just hold i think i even tried it w/o the tap
thanks!

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I got a letter in the mail from Honda several months ago about the AC being recalled. My Si was blowing warm air so I took it in just before the 34K mark. They covered it in full. New evaporator coil and condensor unit. It is a very common issue with these cars.
Sponsored