Waze volume on android auto

klm57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord, 2015 Chevy Equinox
I use both google maps and Waze in Android Auto on my 2016 Civic EXL with navigation. The volume for Google Maps has different volumes controls for maps and music so you can set the maps to a lower level than music. It doesn't matter if I'm streaming Spotify or Pandora. When I use Waze it seems the volume for both music and Waze are the same. You can't set each of them to different levels. If your jamming music and Waze needs to speek its way to loud. Same with both my Samsung S8 + as my Samsung 9 +. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
I use both google maps and Waze in Android Auto on my 2016 Civic EXL with navigation. The volume for Google Maps has different volumes controls for maps and music so you can set the maps to a lower level than music. It doesn't matter if I'm streaming Spotify or Pandora. When I use Waze it seems the volume for both music and Waze are the same. You can't set each of them to different levels. If your jamming music and Waze needs to speek its way to loud. Same with both my Samsung S8 + as my Samsung 9 +. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Unfortunately no suggestions but I get this too. The interesting thing is that this only happens for me when using waze with another android auto sound source. If I use siriusxm, iPod, or whatever it works as intended with the dual volume levels. Hopefully it’s fixed soon as it works fine with google maps.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
The volume for waze is within the app on your phone.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
On my '17 EX, I adjust the Waze volume while Waze is speaking during navigation.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
On my '17 EX, I adjust the Waze volume while Waze is speaking during navigation.
Yes but that also changes your music volume also. He wants wake audio alone changed not his music volume at the same time.

Heckyondecky

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi I own a 2020 Honda Civic Si and same thing happens to me using an iPhone. Just recently started happening. I have already updated the software and still nothing. This also affects AM/FM radio volume. So all car audio is compromised when using waze.

uly2422

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 2016
Country flag
I would also like to report that this recently happened to my 2016 Honda Civic ex-t model as well. I’m assuming it’s an update issue.
Edit: I realize that when this happened, I connected my tidal music app with Waze through an option. I will disable that to see if it fixes the issue.

Laurenlo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord coupe ex
Country flag
Just started last week in my 2016 accord ex. Driving me absolutely insane!!
Sponsored