Ways to add a little performance without tuning?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Downpipe would be surfire way to increase on stock ecu with no tuner. Back when vits page was still viewable he mentioned how the spooling and boost would "outrun" the ecu control slightly giving better spool and more boost without commanding it to happen.
A downpipe would be more likely to void he warranty than a tuner though. at least with a tune it takes less than 5 minutes to flash stock. Takes much longer to remove a downpipe and return it to stock.
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Does anyone know how much "surgery" is involved into removing and installing a new stiffer rear sway bar on these Civics? Looking under there, it seems like the sway bar is buried quite a bit

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Where'd you get that? Doesn't sound like it's actually from Honda. The Sport Mode refers to the Sport button on next to the shifter. I believe the "S" on the transmission selector is for "Shift", possibly. No where in the manual does Honda refer to "S" as "Sport Mode" but Honda does make several references to the actual Sport Mode button as such.

ATGG1818OM PDF (1).png
Ok I have ALOT of questions now. I have this mode, where’s my paddles? Do I actually have to know how to drive manual to use the paddles? does it work the same way as actual manual? Omg wtf why would they put manual in an automatic?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take out the spare tire. Less weight=faster. Otherwise get a ktuner.

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
If you want to come off the line quicker that would be L not S at least in the Honda civic cvt
My 19 Hatch Sport doesn't have L. Just D and S. It does have paddles so you would use S and keep it in 1st or 2nd gear for the low.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know, just moved to the Si, and haven’t had to fill up yet.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to come off the line quicker that would be L not S at least in the Honda civic cvt
You aren’t wrong, but the L range tops out pretty quick, and then you are forced to shift to either S or D. Since Autocross isn’t a drag race, the S mode is better because it didn’t change the revs nearly as much as topping out the L mode does.

I found the big change could upset the front end, or cause the CVT to go slack, giving a dip in power to the wheels.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
I want to get the strut bars but not lower the car with the springs, will i still get a boost with handling? (I figure it will help prevent stress on the frame with the turns)

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
This is almost guaranteed to be due to it being all gas and no ethanol. It has been shown time and time again that straight gas gets better MPG. The octane is typically only useful if the car was purpose designed or if the engine management is capable of recalibrating between the 3 dominant octanes used in most markets (Yes, I know some areas have extra superdupercalafagistic 95 or whatever).

I have been running gas that I know is only gas the whole time I have owned this Civic. I have been getting bonkers fuel efficiency on the highway and try to be nice to the gas pedal in the city as when I am I can get it down pretty low. My best averages are 5.5L/100KM on the highway and 6.8 city.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm starting to experiment with mixing 1 to 2 gal. of E85 (ethanol @ 102-104 octane) to a nearly full tank. Car feels livelier and more torque, albeit on a Mazda6. I'll try it on my tuned (Hondata) EX-T next, and then my MX-5. The Civic's 1.5 turbo should perform better on higher octane fuel, even without a tune. Cars made after 2004 should be fine with 10% - 50% ethanol blend. Personally, I'm staying on the safe side with no more than 30% on my cars. Most regular pump gas now contain up to 10% ethanol anyway.

https://e85prices.com/tennessee.html

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm starting to experiment with mixing 1 to 2 gal. of E85 (ethanol @ 102-104 octane) to a nearly full tank. Car feels livelier and more torque, albeit on a Mazda6. I'll try it on my tuned (Hondata) EX-T next, and then my MX-5. The Civic's 1.5 turbo should perform better on higher octane fuel, even without a tune. Cars made after 2004 should be fine with 10% - 50% ethanol blend. Personally, I'm staying on the safe side with no more than 30% on my cars. Most regular pump gas now contain up to 10% ethanol anyway.

https://e85prices.com/tennessee.html
running more than 10% ethanol without being tuned for it is pointless. You ecu wont compensate for the additional fuel need with that blend of eth and you wont get a power gain. Tune for the ethanol or get a flex fuel kit and then run 30-40% ethanol max for our cars
Sponsored