Waxing The Underbody

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
So I have been waxing the underneath of my fk7 ever since I got it. I usually do this before they salt the roads to protect against the rust and have had next to zero rust so far.

Anyone else do this and have positive results?
Sponsored

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I have been waxing the underneath of my fk7 ever since I got it. I usually do this before they salt the roads to protect against the rust and have had next to zero rust so far.

Anyone else do this and have positive results?
You’ve got way too much spare time on your hands, fella.
Most people just have an all year ’round car oil sprayed and leave it at that because, after all, who ogles the underside of a car they drive in the slushy wintertime?
Now, if it was a winter stored CTR or other hi-po sports car that you wanted to save from the rusties, then absolutely.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
LOL, if you are so worried just clean the underbody and spray 3m rubberized coating for once. it will give you better life than any oil or wax

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been detailing cars for over 40 years and live in an area where roads get salted in winter. I've never waxed the underside of any cars I've owned and never have had any excessive corrosion.

Being fanatical about detailing is one thing but the idea of "waxing the underbody" seems a bit of overkill. Better off spending more time waxing the painted body. ;)

Last edited:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
LOL, if you are so worried just clean the underbody and spray 3m rubberized coating for once. it will give you better life than any oil or wax
Rubber dry rots and chips, then moisture will creep in underneath and actually accelerate the rusting process.

You can't beat an annual spray with either Krown, rust check or corrosion free. I don't see the benefit in waxing bare metal..

Last edited:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Last edited: