civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
In bumper-to-bumper constriction traffic on a local road today I saw a 10th gen 2017 Civic LX in the opposing lane, our cars were no more than 12 inches apart. It was white. We were at a standstill, window to window, for about 25 seconds.

I caught the 30-year-old driver checking out my Lunar Silver 2019 Civic Touring and then I glanced over at his chrome grill, looked down at his plastic wheel covers, made eye contact, and made a face like I had smelled something foul before driving away.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
In bumper-to-bumper constriction traffic on a local road today I saw a 10th gen 2017 Civic LX in the opposing lane, our cars were no more than 12 inches apart. It was white. We were at a standstill, window to window, for about 25 seconds.

I caught the 30-year-old driver checking out my Lunar Silver 2019 Civic Touring and then I glanced over at his chrome grill, looked down at his plastic wheel covers, made eye contact, and made a face like I had smelled something foul before driving away.
Yeah, but which watch was he wearing?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Sure it does. Just like your leather seats and sunroof.
The only thing that truly differentiates the Touring from the rest in the US is the LED headlights and fog lights. All the other options are available on the EX-T and EX-L.

Only in the Canadian market has the Touring (From 2019 on) become rather unique compared to the rest of the lineup. It is the only one with leather, turbo and LED front lighting.

Oh and there is more chrome... If you like that sort of thing... :puke:

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I used to do this "honk when you see one" thing with my cousin when I drove with him and saw another 10th Gen Honda Civic, bonus honk if they were a hatchback like mine. Nowadays, there are so many Honda civics out there it's too much to try and honk. At first glance, my civic is all base and standard, but I did install a custom Honeycomb mesh grill from ProCivic in the front and I have not seen one on any other civic out there in my area of South Florida. The few times I have seen a Type R I always try to honk or say hi but I get too nervous. They're too powerful!

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The only thing that truly differentiates the Touring from the rest in the US is the LED headlights and fog lights. All the other options are available on the EX-T and EX-L.

Only in the Canadian market has the Touring (From 2019 on) become rather unique compared to the rest of the lineup. It is the only one with leather, turbo and LED front lighting.
Oh and there is more chrome... If you like that sort of thing... :puke:
The ladies prefer a man with a Touring. Obviously.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Unfortunately, I find myself theses days, waving more at the majority of Nissan Altima drivers.
Whats is it with the current Altima drivers that makes one want to "salute" them so often ??

Its a reasonable looking car, but those that drive them just seem oblivious to everyone else out on the road and basically seem to lack even the most basic driving skills.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I don't even look at people in cars with plastic wheel covers. I really feel contempt but my class doesn't allow me to show it.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Since this thread was posted I’ve been noticing more civic drivers. When I bought my civic I didn’t think of waving but I noticed guys in older gen si giving me a nod driving past. The other day I pulled next too a red lx sedan I’ll have to say the red looks really good on the sedan. Yes I have a EXT coupe with the 1.5 turbo aluminum rims duel exhaust sunroof better stereo etc and the young guy driving it look at me in my civic gave me a nod and I also. There’s a lot of lx models running around my area and the drivers are probably happy to have a new car even if it’s the base model

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might occasionally wave if I cross paths with another sport trim or Si.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
There are so many civics on the road that it would seem tiresome if you waved to all of them. Now, when i had my S2K, peace sign was thrown to every owner i say. It was almost like 2nd nature
Sponsored