Wave to other civic drivers?

Knock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP FK7
Country flag
Way too many CivicX here. I'd be waving at every stop light. People are already so distracted when they're driving I'd rather people focus on the road than looking for Civics to wave at.

There is however one guy that lives in my area that drives an Aegean Blue hatch sport. He put red Honda emblems on them and always waves to me when we pass each other.

Last edited:

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If we did this in Ontario we would never stop waving I literally see at least a dozen civics on the road everyday I commute to work. Maybe if they are modded or if there's some mutual acknowledgement, but I am sure the oldies driving a base like EX don't want to have some random person is waving at them

OBXJOSH

#savethemanuals
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2018 Si Sedan with K-Tuner and TSP Stage 1, White 2018 Forester
Country flag
I'll wave at other Si's and usually get a wave back as they are still pretty rare in CT and anyone who bought one had to go through the trouble of finding one.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
The "thumbs up" and "the wave" sometimes accompanied by a hi-beam flash was pretty much a regular thing when I was driving Miatas, almost always returned. Have tried it with GenX Civics, generally ignored, got a few 1-finger salutes though, not a lot of camaraderie in this community, regrettably.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The "thumbs up" and "the wave" sometimes accompanied by a hi-beam flash was pretty much a regular thing when I was driving Miatas, almost always returned. Have tried it with GenX Civics, generally ignored, got a few 1-finger salutes though, not a lot of camaraderie in this community, regrettably.
The 1-finger salute is usually a New York thing

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Definitely not here in NY. People would either think I'm trying to race them or they give a look of "Leave me the fuck alone...."
Yep I lived on Long Island for 46 years and you’re right I now live in SW Florida for 5 years trust me it’s not that much different than Long Island

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
The 1-finger salute is usually a New York thing
I'm originally from upstate NY, been in Pa since 71, the "half a peace sign" is alive and well in South Central Pennsylvania. I usually interpret it as the IQ of the user, ie: 1 :crazy:

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I went from living in a town with very few civics, so hardly an opportunity for a wave, to a town where it feels like every other car is a civic. I'll wave back but there's too many to be the instigator.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
There are so few civicx here, even less hatches I feel like waving when I see one.
Unfortunately, many are heavily tinted, so I don’t see whoTH is inside and I couldn’t tell anyway whether they wave back or show me a finger.

It’s like the ladies wearing burkas-maybe they are smiling at you but you will never know.:dunno:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not waving or any sort of thing to anyone. You never know when its going to lead you into a conversation with an idiot. And sadly, I'm not kidding.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
If I see another red Si XGen coupe, then I will do something like beep etc. Last summer while doing 60 on a double lane roadway, I pulled up along side a twin of mine and gave a friendly beep beep. Older dude with his window down and arm out gave me a thumbs up and I reciprocated. I’ll nod if I see an Si or CTR beside me

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll wave to CTR or anything that looks enthusiast (a white one at a light behind me this morning pulled along side and we exchanged pleasantries), but, as others have said, most genx out there now are just regular folks in their commuter cars

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Saw my first "in-person" CTR the other day. Gave him a wussy horn honk and a thumbs up, he replied with a nod. Doubt I'd do that for any other GenX unless it really just grabs my attention.
Sponsored