Waterless Car Wash

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Any tried the waterless car wash? Such as Griots Spray-On Car Wash? I think Chemical Guys have a similar product. Having a black car I was thinking it just might add swirls. Maybe over analyzing.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
I have used a few. They work and maybe its just a mental thing but its sooo hard to wash a car without a good amount of lubricant and hose for the car.

Jay Leno's garage eco wash is decent for a quick clean up!

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in a house with easy access to a hose, but being in SoCal we have water restrictions and wanting to conserve water I decided to get on the waterless wash band wagon.

That being said, I've used the Aero Cosmetics, Chemical Guys and Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. All worked well for me.

Aero cosmetics fantastic product. Easy to use, just a little pricey for 1 gallon. I used the prediluted product, sadly the concentrate costs the same as prediluted.

Chemical Guys was a good product. Easy to use, cheaper than Aero. I did notice that it had a tendency to streak when doing the follow up wipe. Also while the carnauba was nice, it was lowly clogging my nozzles on my spray bottles. You also would see it settle at the bottom of bottles which you then had to shake to ensure it was diluted. I made my mixture with distilled water to avoid water marks.

Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax is what I'm currently using. Its an amazing product. Similar results as the Aero. Easy on and off. Does not clog my nozzles like the Chemical guys stuff. Best bang for buck. Forget the mixture off the top of my head, but I've easily made 6+ gallons of the solution and still have 1/2 a bottle left.

Keep in mind "waterless" washes are meant for 'mildly' dirty cars. If your car is FILTHY, then you'll need to hose it down still. The solution is designed to lift the dirt away from the clear coat and then you wipe it up.

I use the 2 bucket method;
Presoak my microfiber towels in one bucket of solution
Spray a panel/area
Wipe in one direction with a clean side of the presoaked microfiber towel
Completely wash the panel
Use a DRY Microfiber to wipe the panel dry. Typically wiping in the same direction I washed, using a clean side of the microfiber towel.
Put all dirty towels in the 2nd bucket.

Id say I use 3-4 presoaked towels and 3-4 drying towels to clean the body of the car. Then I have other towels to do the wheels.

Also I typically wash every weekend or every other weekend, weather permitting. The wax, makes the water from rain bead right off. Mind you I still do a quarterly/semi annual full detail (wash, clay, polish, wax/sealant).

Any questions lemme know. I've been using waterless for at least 3 years now and have had nothing but good experiences with it.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I never used it on the entire car but only on bird dropping’s and bugs and I would use rainx or turtle wax waterless wash & wax . After reading some of positive posts of the waterless car wash I might get the better brands and use it on the entire car

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I use a medium size electric "Leaf Blower" to dry the car. It blows the beaded water off the car very easily, and more importantly, blows any water out of groves and gaps between panels, a etc.
Leaves the car crystal clean, with no streaks, and no rubbing of dry areas with Microfiber cloths, even though they should not scratch.

It's just as quick as drying with Micro-fibre cloths, actually maybe faster, and as you blow the beaded water droplets off the polished car, you can easily see areas that do not bead as well, and may need additional protective treatment.

Only slight negative is the Noise ...

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

micheal2008

First Name
hanist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM
Country flag
The water makes it easy to apply the substance and subsequently evaporates, leaving the “dressing” behind. The same concept is available in a waterless wash system. The solution is carried by the water, which then evaporates, leaving the protection behind.
Sponsored