Water/methanol injector

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone run water/methanol injector here?
There is no flex fuel in where i live.. i am thinking to try meth..
Not sure if it is safe for my ctr.. it is fbo. I am NOT planning to build motor, can stock motor handle the extra power meth put down?

Thinking snow performance 2.5
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
does your car blown up because of meth kit?
There's not really a way to know. One theory is the manifold isn't distributing the methanol equally. And if you try to flow to much meth your fuel ratio in each cylinder could get thrown off.

I'm going to counter this theory by taping the intake runners, on the manifold, and run a 4 port.

I'd say if your going to run a size 4 nozzle or smaller your good to go. If you want to flow more then start to worry about distribution.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
There's not really a way to know. One theory is the manifold isn't distributing the methanol equally. And if you try to flow to much meth your fuel ratio in each cylinder could get thrown off.

I'm going to counter this theory by taping the intake runners, on the manifold, and run a 4 port.

I'd say if your going to run a size 4 nozzle or smaller your good to go. If you want to flow more then start to worry about distribution.
Your theory can be correct when make a little research about meth injection companies and r&d products, they are making through the intake manifold injection on each port. Also liquids has more density than air so air can turn more quickly than liquid in to silikon elbow where is located before throttle plate.

i m very new to install meth kit and i m using size BI5 nozzle jet size with 160psi pump which is equal to 188cc.

by the way whats your afr target when meth is on? i could not find many details on internet. i will run 11.7 but i dont know if its rich or lean for it

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Your theory can be correct when make a little research about meth injection companies and r&d products, they are making through the intake manifold injection on each port. Also liquids has more density than air so air can turn more quickly than liquid in to silikon elbow where is located before throttle plate.

i m very new to install meth kit and i m using size BI5 nozzle jet size with 160psi pump which is equal to 188cc.

by the way whats your afr target when meth is on? i could not find many details on internet. i will run 11.7 but i dont know if its rich or lean for it
I ran 12.7 once at 26 psi with +4ign. But I recommend just having a tuner do it. Who knows l, my early antics probably led to my motor failure.

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the response.
Whats the power gain with meth?

I dyno mine , tuner tuned it conservatively as per my request.
I gained 60whp and 80 torque compare to before tune.
I am thinking if i install meth.. perhaps i can get 20 more safely without pushing the limit of the car

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You can get close to the same bump as moving to an ethanol blend, based on your nozzle size and mixture. 99% or 50/50.

I ran a snow performance size 5 and VP M1. Which in retrospect may have been to big of a nozzle. A size 4 or 3 would of been better.

The manifold isn't designed to flow liquid unfortunately.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx