xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I was just wondering if Honda, or anybody knows if they did something about the few cases where their was water found in the fourth ignition chamber/spark plug area. I remember people posting about it but I don't remember anyone saying Honda has addressed the issue. I had a 2018 CTR and I check it. No condensation, or water. A bit after that some girl crashed into me and I upgraded to 2019 CTR and I was wondering if I should check again.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Supposedly it’s caused by a manufacturing issue with the seals around the coil packs. It’s usually covered under warranty, modded or not. No official TSB from Honda. Extremely rare nonetheless.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was just wondering if Honda, or anybody knows if they did something about the few cases where their was water found in the fourth ignition chamber/spark plug area. I remember people posting about it but I don't remember anyone saying Honda has addressed the issue. I had a 2018 CTR and I check it. No condensation, or water. A bit after that some girl crashed into me and I upgraded to 2019 CTR and I was wondering if I should check again.
It's odd... There were 3 or 4 reported cases all back to back about 2ish years ago. Haven't seen or heard of a single one since.

Like @kefi said, it was very isolated and was covered under warranty. Still something to keep an occasional eye out for. I checked mine once after about 6 months of ownership and dozens of car washes and snowy/rainy days. The seal of the coil pack was ridiculously good, so I haven't felt the need to check since.

CTR-19821

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m having the same issue on my 2018

Troylee728

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R (Championship)
Country flag
Bump I am in same scenario, was it covered under warranty?
Sponsored