Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in Florida the rain has been heavy with the tropical storm alerts. A couple weeks ago I somehow triggered the windows down on the key fob during a hard rain and was able to catch it fast enough that there wasn't any damage, but a day later go to drive and can hear water sloshing around in one of the doors.

The only door affected is the back right passenger side. I figured it was because of my key screw up but yesterday I realized this isn't the case.
Somehow water is getting in through the window seams and into the door itself. I was wondering if anyone had any actual ideas as to why/how?

I'll probably have it checked when I go back to the dealership for the fuel pump recall.

Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
There's supposed to be drainage holes in the door, yours are probably clogged up

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This actually happened to me also, but on my left passenger door. I thought at first it was the fuel cap, but when I pulled over, I shook the door. I just slightly pulled the rubber seal that's glued to the door panel and water exited out of the drain passage. Lot of gunk when I trailed my finger along the rubber seal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Water filling inside of the door panels IMG_20210715_202109

Honda Civic 10th gen Water filling inside of the door panels IMG_20210715_201954

Honda Civic 10th gen Water filling inside of the door panels IMG_20210715_201201

Honda Civic 10th gen Water filling inside of the door panels IMG_20210715_201127