Water beads hard to dry out after rain

divid86391

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex White
This might sound stupid but I've noticed that my WOP civic always have water beads all over the hood/roof/trunk after the rain is over, even the next day when it's warm and sunny and every other cars are perfectly dry already. At first I thought it might be due to white cars absorb the heat less. However I noticed that those white Ford Fusion/CRV/Corolla or even older Civics were completely dry while my civic parking next to them were covered by water. I also checked other WOP civics in my neighborhood(there are a lot them) and they have water all over them as well...
Any thoughts? Also does wax matter since I never wax or detail my cars.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This might sound stupid but I've noticed that my WOP civic always have water beads all over the hood/roof/trunk after the rain is over, even the next day when it's warm and sunny and every other cars are perfectly dry already. At first I thought it might be due to white cars absorb the heat less. However I noticed that those white Ford Fusion/CRV/Corolla or even older Civics were completely dry while my civic parking next to them were covered by water. I also checked other WOP civics in my neighborhood(there are a lot them) and they have water all over them as well...
Yea,wax matters,lol. If you don't want to do it yourself,you really should get someone to do it.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it is a matter of not having time to spend on applying a wax or sealant on your car, then you should give this thread a look. Hydr02 is an amazing product and literally take a few minutes to apply after you wash your car and will last a few months.

Spunjer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda civic
Country flag
i just had Gtechniq and PPF done to my car. would adding this be an overkill?

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Water beads like that cause of the wax currently on the car. If you want it to not bead up just take off all the wax on the car.

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Water beads hard to dry out after rain E17B6DA8-E3D1-492C-8AB4-2A980FAAA915

Give it a good clay and polish. Then seal it with Reload by Carpro or C2v3 by Gtechniq. Both are great products.
Sponsored