Washing your car in California

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
In Orange County, California, my city and many others state "no driveway runoff". This means I can't wash my car in the driveway like I could in Texas.

On reddit I saw a suggestion for taking my car to a self-wash stall and bringing my own soap / wash mit and a bucket. Once there I could use the water there legally. Any other ideas?
Sponsored

ieatpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am in California, and the police don't care unless your neighbor reports you. As far as I know, it is legal to wash your car in your own driveway and have the water drain into the sewage, however that water must be clean water. If you decide to use soap, you can just push the water into a nearby lawn.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hm Wasn't the water restrictions for washing cars lifted after the reservoirs recovered? I literally was washing my car and a cop drove by and kept going; granted I was using a power washer. I looked the cop in the eye as she drove by as well. ahah

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Hm Wasn't the water restrictions for washing cars lifted after the reservoirs recovered? I literally was washing my car and a cop drove by and kept going; granted I was using a power washer. I looked the cop in the eye as she drove by as well. ahah
Yes but that doesn't mean you can't continue your water-saving efforts. :)
Sponsored