Washing with water restrictions

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
....they could possibly kick you out from the neighborhood....
I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this. How in the world could your neighbors kick you out of your home. I can understand them not inviting you to the neighborhood BBQ or something....but kick you out of your home?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this. How in the world could your neighbors kick you out of your home. I can understand them not inviting you to the neighborhood BBQ or something....but kick you out of your home?
My understanding is its more common/easier for them to do if you're renting vs. owning. But, if you consistently don't pay your HOA fees or something to that effect, they can legally begin the foreclosure process on your home.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As mentioned before it really does depend on tons of different factors but it is a possibility. Ex. HOA liens could potentially stop a sale, a refinance, a short sale or even result you in losing your house. On a HOA lien, they could foreclose and kick you out of your house.

Depending on the HOA, some have the power to fine you (could be monthly, weekly, daily, per violations, etc...) The fines can rack up and the moment you don't pay those fines is when you basically put the nail in your own coffin.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang....HOA sounds too much like communism to me. "Do it our way and we'll give you your neighbourly rations". Glad I don't have to deal with that. :)

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let's not bring politics into this situation >.< because most people who try to talk politics often have very skewed and misguided preconceived notions.

Anyways, not all HOAs are bad. HOAs are mostly there for the fact that they want to help keep house values up rather than down. I happen to like mine.

Ex. Had a neighbor that refused to mow their lawn for a whole summer and also refused to clean up a tree on her property that crashed down onto their neighbor's side and fence. HOA stepped in and got her to finally take care of those issues or risk being fined.

Also you have instances where you get some stupid neighbors who happen to paint one side of their garage a bright almost neon green color while the rest of the house is a light beige and brown color.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No politics involved, I was just making a little joke. As far as the neighbor not mowing his yard, we have something around here that would take care of that, it's called code enforcement. You don't mow your yard, they come by and give you a warning or write you a ticket. Probably depends on how big a butt you are to them.

And what's wrong with a neon green garage? You just gave me an idea. Now my garage could match my car. :D

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Let's not bring politics into this situation >.< because most people who try to talk politics often have very skewed and misguided preconceived notions.

Anyways, not all HOAs are bad. HOAs are mostly there for the fact that they want to help keep house values up rather than down. I happen to like mine.

Ex. Had a neighbor that refused to mow their lawn for a whole summer and also refused to clean up a tree on her property that crashed down onto their neighbor's side and fence. HOA stepped in and got her to finally take care of those issues or risk being fined.

Also you have instances where you get some stupid neighbors who happen to paint one side of their garage a bright almost neon green color while the rest of the house is a light beige and brown color.
What's wrong with bright neon green?

Loving my energy green pearl coupe ;)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
aka the hippies of Takoma Park lol. They should get fined.

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
I've been using ONR for the last 7 years on a different car with solid results. You pay more but the dilution ratio is much stronger (lasts 2-3 times as long). I usually do a 2nd pass if left unattended between washes or after a nasty storm. But it's never marred the finish or left behind residue.

I have access to a hose but prefer ONR hands down. 2-4 gallons is all it takes to do a typical car.

EDIT: Some basic write-ups here. I forgot to mention that a grit guard/and or wash bucket should be considered essential.

Dual bucket method (preferred):

Single bucket method:

Another vote for the Optimum No Rinse....this stuff is awesome.

They also make a wax version...Optimum No Rinse - Wash & Wax
http://www.optimumcarcare.com/onrwnw.php?li=2
Sponsored